Answered

Connecting Typeform->VideoAsk->Original Typeform

• 27 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Per this article (link), two Typeforms can be connected by a VideoAsk. In our particular use case, we want to connect multiple VideoAsks (with no more than 1-2 videos each) to a Typeform. Rather than having Typeform A → VideoAsk 1 →Typeform B → VideoAsk 2 → Typeform C, et cetera, is it possible to have respondents go back to where they left off in Typeform A, as in:  Typeform A, Question #4 → VideoAsk 1 (Q5) →Typeform A (Q6) → VideoAsk 2 (Q7) → Typeform A (Q8)?

This will help us keep all responses in to one Typeform, rather than distributed across multiple Typeforms. 

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 2 February 2023, 14:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Bump.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Davin sorry, I think we must have missed this one!

So you would be looking to jump someone back into a particular step of the original typeform? 

I’m going to tag @Liz and @andrew_videoask here, I’m not sure if it’s possible to do this - what do you both think?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Davin 👋

On the Typeform side of things, I believe this is possible. Hopefully @Liz can confirm. My understanding is that Typeform saves your progress. So if your typeform has 5 steps, and the respondent makes it to step three, is redirected to videoask, and then is redirected back to the typeform, they should pick up on step four.

However, videoask doesn’t work the same way. If the respondent returns to the same videoask URL, their progress won’t be saved. They’ll have to restart from the first step of the videoask. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Davin While it does save progress, I would still have the respondent submit their information before leaving the form, just in case they don’t come back, as we don’t collect partial responses until the form is submitted. You can read more about this here