Answered

Connecting Zapier integration to send an email based on Outcome Quiz Ending

• 12 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Typeform gurus!  

I’ve created an outcome quiz in Typeform with 45 different endings.  The logic all seems to be working well.  I’m struggling now to integrate Zapier to send an email via gmail to the quiz taker.  The email part is straight forward enough, but I have not yet figured out how to send a unique email based on the Ending that the user arrives at.  
The only workaround I’ve come up with would be to build the logic in to Zapier based on answers instead of endings--which kind of makes the outcome quiz moot.  Has anyone encountered this and found a good fix?  

Many thanks in advance!  Justin

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 December 2021, 16:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JustinV22. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

This article here might be helpful for you :) If you're still struggling to do it, would you mind sharing more details about the issue you're facing? We'll be happy to help! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Mariana!  That article was really helpful to get me on this path of integrating Typeform and Zapier.  

The issue I’m running into is when I’m creating a Zap.  I want to send a unique email based on each of the 45 unique endings from my Typeform outcome quiz.  

Instead of rebuilding the Outcome Quiz logic set in the Zap, is it possible to just say “The quiz taker got Ending A, so send them Email A.  The quiz taker got Ending B, so send them Email B.  Etc”?  

To drill down, I think a simplified version of my question is:  Can I filter an action in Zapier based on the Ending a user reaches on my typeform quiz?  
Thanks again--and I hope that clarifies the issue I’m running into!

Justin

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JustinV22 apologies for the delay! You can set this up with Zapier, but the downside is you’d need to set up 45 different zaps - one for each ending. This is because Zapier’s filters allows you to filter down one option per email. 

Though, @Michaela might have some insight as to if this is easier with Integromat!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Liz,

Thanks for following up!  I ended up hiring a Zapier integration expert.  He guided me in using a Webhook to Zapier instead of an Integration.  The Typeform outcomes came through using the Webhook.  He then showed me how to set up a Lookup Table using the Formatter by Zapier in the Utilities action.  

Then we set up the Gmail action to pass through the output from the lookup table.  

Hope that helps someone else out if they run into the same issue.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@JustinV22  Oh! Wow, that sounds brilliant. Would you mind sharing the steps a bit more or mind me messaging you 1-1 for more info? I’d be happy to create a tutorial for others who have a similar amount of endings looking for a solution like this! (If you’re open to it, of course.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Happy almost May everyone and thanks @Liz for tagging me! :four_leaf_clover:

I see @JustinV22  that you’ve already found and shared your solution. Awesome stuff. I’d still like to briefly show you how you could achieve this with Integromat, though :nerd:.

In the Integromat automation builder, you need to:

• select the instant ‘Watch Responses’ Typeform module which automatically gets triggered on new quiz responses

xTbd43AmN1FtJj9B_EJd112G0AO7m0bLcJ5bplTC_lFycHbrz7tfc4bFYPdeDG3dj_rbNPam8zIZCFkZiJtECX5f84plMiFs1YvNbLQN5GmgwS9PDwrlU_ALkPpEFPT-KiEe5xOd

• within the module, you need to add a webhook by connecting your Typeform account to Integromat and selecting the form to be watched

s0gBrmo9zRKTwVh-qG3yQZ88gEEl0TYuFlPmdB9JlzFtUispegD572K9Py_PvWpkHS9eaPHFZLNMd1qnc2Oo2NbqvZfZCSPd3mOTE8eW0-M9dnxUtlRZqTd2c5aBlUHL7X8sCG_t

• when the module catches the quiz response, you can see in the ‘outcome’ data collection it has the name of the end screen the user ended on based on the choices they made during the quiz

mJHUcDJL4AOZuv1ZHr1vRWJvy4ePMnyzp6bSjdOhPdcKUysfpWTq1hNjcEY-BLNnP70Qmh2kQJNoCHjPs7rjTSZInT-MLus3e0wjZaC-D_RUS-DSS-W_fiNo6c3HB9XHFz05a_xk

• you can then add a router to the scenario to create multiple paths to send the data to

​​​​​​​V0ZuGHEe-X3q-vDHZAvgpv3TY4reyUricdaLny06qiQkeOI7SuRSZq7IA0-ANaZrSWDaqaWjoz7PVLMpM3ED51wqDvUJLEZV2oIHSnkWh_sBlvCgM07irkNPPem8NkLlPBvhfDSv

• on each router branch, you can add a filter and set logic that will decide which email should be sent based on where the quiz ended

​​​​​​​5MEIJnu6rVeMv7lbohY85d45naO_FD3ovGjCPkRIPRI29mU4oD_VpOu1pmLMV4b2LXyRcLrCLTxjm1vsiZkFpioC3LhczeQbcDjv-9_PYZid0KEaAqjF24uBq3d6LFwD0PD_1zag

That pretty much covers the base of it :relaxed:

Once you’re done building the scenario, remember to save it and turn it on :arrow_forward:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Better late than never, but adding @JustinV22 ‘s feature in our Workspace Invader’s series below in case anyone is looking for a similar setup!