Question

Different typeforms leading to different groups in Mailchip audience

• 12 August 2021
  • 4 replies

How does Zapier work with that?  I am needing something similar.  Different typeforms that led to different groups in the same audience.  MailChimp says it can be don with pass-through, but Typeform says it cannot?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Bob Jung Thanks for stopping by! I’m not totally sure I understand what the pass-through is. Do you mind sending a screenshot? This will help me answer your question better! 

I don’t have a screenshot because there is no screen that shows what I am asking.  However, I think I found that the answer is no, typeform cannot send info on signups along to mailchimp other than assigning them to an audience. :(

But beyond that, we need a third-party app. Thank you though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey guys, happy Monday! Hope you’re all doing well and thank you @Liz for tagging me here :hugging:

The short answer is - you can indeedily-doo make this happen with Integromat! To see what the possibilities are, you can check out available features of the Typeform and Mailchimp integrations :strawberry:

The long version begins here :arrow_down: and contains Integromat’s

• Make an API Call modules that let you reach anything that is covered in e.g. Mailchimp’s API
  • an iterator that converts an array into a series of bundles

So let’s say the typeform contains questions regarding the respondent’s

• name
  • email address
  • group

In Mailchimp, there are the following groups: 

• Interests

• Donating

• Volunteering

• Events

• Not Defined

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In Integromat, you would

1. Select the ‘Watch Responses’ Typeform module and create a connection between your Typeform account and your Integromat account.
  2. Add the ‘Search Lists’ Mailchimp module and connect your Mailchimp to Integromat. No additional setting needed here. 
  3. Add the ‘Make an API Call’ Mailchimp module to retrieve all interest categories. Map your List ID to the URL below: 

/lists/{list-id}/interest-categories

3rGPFABhEgTxn4p_vDyXX9P3LEnN1itt4M5jqHIAcH1PVrE2LzgAU66Pd4GSN5jxZAc-bghyKfuU25uFUUJql7e3BAzrhdxIuGNSQikuAghd0oqrPDEFJkKnxcer-EJPsmUmXtbs

1. Add an Iterator (to be found in the ‘Tools’ section of the editor to your scenario. Thanks to the iterator, each Mailchimp category will be processed one by one. 

AZBbnMe4BXhGc4CyeXABA3w4BPocO-5t5vMAuIIH4zkOVAcaNtPFB8gmpT7K9bbw05oYZ5-z6ch9_pSGQ84cc9MNUkvdyoQPdGjvZ_V5SIWa0odpU8SaE3Cc9f-d9Df9iKrclRRk

1. Add another “Make an API Call” to get all interests from the interest categories. Make a GET request using the following link: /lists/{list_id}/interest-categories/{id}/interests

​​​​​​​GP0O5hH-Nw1WFuGP_r5kc1uEHzMuzCh1g_BstS6O3us6SsSwvgvbuT_HQ7EuUB4-VrjzEWUK3o7BS96B47-QRnNnmsQdJx-DN7CbB0GoqHKpNk8CAuAKRPfTlCAZ2qlkdzB2qRYz

1. Add the “Set Variable” module (to be found in the purple ‘Tools’ section of the editor) to create a variable containing interest id and interest name. The MailChimp API requires an interest _id to create a new contact. Use the variable value as in the picture below to create a map of interest name and interest id:

M7MescfkcRNG5xt0iVyIav9bpxQzlznDbMJleyvC429qAoKwHkvcUEnpk3Daz_HRmcNZ-8Sch3UIBmKKlCjfRbTrnpilMxBulyQ5u5MrhDWU8cF0b6m0scPZMNeJnkh1twrgc_Tp​​​​​​​

1. Add the “Add/Update a Subscriber” Mailchimp module to create a new contact. Map all the required fields from the Typeform answers:

​​​​​​​CTxV8W2sD2ItU0_z4rFokjaEehe8PPpcdQ5xAfY0JGztCb4YqAtSp4yU_gDH2VabIPAMnnJfNRIa4IhtEr-Fz6sTJz4Rj_7YoRrw6vsn2b3xSELTGWRZNw5K3PwTe1c7WKdHJpqr

The function in the ‘Interests’ field solves the problem of assigning a new contact to a specific group based on answers. As you can see, it’s an If-else condition.

For the ‘Interests’ field, the group_id (ex. d947fece47) must be provided. In this example, based on the answer from Typeform (question “Group”), Integromat decides which group_id to use.

SSSYLFTy3kMBHpORaTOlo6RRDypBFQZ1EN2hd1sMye6-eBt5fccPPEZ9-IdAhMCp_oUwnWDxwJFu5rECNsDDcreQvD7ZZvuZmlFvVF-QyKSIWEpc1XlYOmKK9PKonLmqtecqFPto

There are many more conditions to be used (ex: contains, not equal to, switch, etc) 

The entire scenario would then look for example like this :nerd: ​​​​​​​

Badge +5

@Bob Jung I created a new topic with your question so it’s easier to focus on your usecase.