Answered

Embed a form in sendinblue

• 1 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have two issues

What I want to do : Embed a typeform with only one short-text question in an email. I use Send in blue. I made sure that there is no introduction.

My problems :

• First one : The embed goes outside the body section. Setting up the width in Typeform does not help. It still goes out. (see the first two screenshots)
  • Second one : Even though I used the “embed in a email” option, it still open a new tab, and is not actually embed (screenshot 3 & 4)

What I want to do : Have the email as an hidden field. Since I want to link the email address to the text answer, but I already have the email, I don’t want to bother clients by asking them again. 
My problem : I don’t get how I can do this. Is it possible?

Thank you in advance for your help

icon

Best answer by mathio 1 March 2023, 23:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @CardaPoly Thanks for stopping by!

When embedding the form into the email, the only code in the email should be the form. It may be possible to adjust the code we provide for an existing email, and possibly @mathio may have some advice on that. 

As for the form opening in a new tab, this is expected behavior. It’s not possible to submit the form within the email itself. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @CardaPoly 

the design width might be a bug I suggest you raise a ticket with the support.

Your typeform will always open in a new tab, due to the complexity of most typeforms and limitations of email clients we do not support submitting directly from email client.

You can fill out the correct variable in the hidden field in the right hand column of the share page. You can pass a sendinblue variable, or placeholder as they call it for example {{ LIKE THIS }}, as per their docs.

Ok, so basically what you are saying in the videos and tutorials is wrong.
It’s not a proper embed, simply a nicer way to display the typeform in emails than an hyperlink. 

And the design thing makes the email feature unsuable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Unfortunately capabilities of email clients do not allow us to bring full typeform experience directly into email message. 

However if your typeform starts with a question type that does not require typing but rather selection (eg. multiple choice), respondents will open your typeform in thir browser with correct pre-selected answer (based on their choice in email message) and continue to the next question.