Answered

Error with google Sheets Integration

• 23 February 2021
  • 29 replies

When I try to connect my typeform to google sheets it does not allow me to complete the process. 

I only get “oh no, there was an error” once I create the new spreadsheets. 

How can I get all the responses logged one by one different to Google Sheets? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 23 February 2021, 20:43

View original

29 replies

I have the same problem… I’ve tried with other Google accounts but it’s not working. Typeform creates a sheet but I don’t get the answers on it.

I’m having this same problem. 

It seems a straightforward process. Is it broken right now?

It was working until one hour ago… I’ve deleted the integration (because I thought I made a mistake) to make an other one but I think that’s a general problem. 

Such a powerful tool but things like this make it unreliable for business purposes…. 

What if I rely on Typeform to get all support tickets for my clients and suddenly this happens? I saw that there are some other users having issues because the integrations turn off without notice 

Userlevel 1

Hi, I emailed support earlier after running into integration issues and just had confirmation that there is “an ongoing outage or degradation impacting our integration and webhook services.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi all - thanks for reporting this! We did have a brief outage that has been fixed. You can follow updates to any outages we have by subscribing to the Status Page here. 

If you do notice any further issues, please let me know, and I can take a peek into it for you!

Userlevel 1

I’m new to Typeform so sharing this in case you don’t know about the status page until now either!  https://status.typeform.com/# 

You can signup for email updates on this page to be alerted when there are incidents or of course check in when something is not working as expected….

Edit: Ah, I was typing when the same tip landed just before my reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Donna great minds think alike! :grinning:

It’s not working for me...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@hugoLS What’s the error message you’re seeing? Sometimes an error will occur if you try to connect to a sheet that’s already been used or if the sheet and the form have the same name. 

@Liz I have this:  

Typeform creates the sheet but the connexion is not working (even if I refresh)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @hugoLS. Thanks for sharing the screenshot! =)

The outage has been fixed so most likely, there is something else impacting your integration. Could you let me know if you have done any of the following? 

• Integrate the same form in two different Google sheet URLs instead of the same Google sheet document
  • Integrate two forms in the same tab
  • The target sheet has the same name as the typeform

Any of the actions mentioned above would cause issues to the integration. Plus the form needs to be published.

Could you try to remove the integration and set it up again in a new spreadsheet using the same credentials? Could you let me know if all the responses are passed after trying this? We're looking forward to hearing good news. :) 

Same problem here. Is it broken again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Same problem here. Is it broken again?

@Peerforum - from a fellow user here.. 

I just created a new form and connected to google sheets just fine. Also tested opening an existing connection form, that worked. and entering data into a typeform that pushes to google sheets. 

all working from here in Canada.. 

des

Hi, I have this issue - I keep getting an error message while trying to set up the Google Sheets integration, despite going through all the steps as instructed. Is there an outage?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@F1comms - at 10:53 pm eastern time the following was seen on the status page: 

this comes from a user here.. and here’s the link for future reference: https://status.typeform.com/

and at 10:55 pm eastern i was able to create a new integration to a google sheet from a test form. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@F1comms what is the error message you’re receiving?

Same problem when I try to connect to an existing sheet.

I have an issue error telling me “The sheet has the same name of the form, please change the form name or the sheet name.” but it’s not true. 
The new tab is created in my existing sheet but just after that I have the issue displayed on Typeform. 

When I try to connect my Typeform to a new sheet, it works fine. 

Do you have any tips to make it work? Thanks a lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Camille_equisense would you mind trying to change the name of the entire sheet or the tab completely to see if this solves the issue? Thanks in advance!

Hi @Liz, thanks for your answer. I’ve already tried multiple times and it didn’t solve the issue :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Camille_equisense Hm, shoot, that should have worked. Would you mind trying with a totally new sheet to see if the same error occurs? Thanks again for all your patience with this!

@Liz as explained before, it works fine with a new sheet but the one I was trying to connect has like 15 tabs, so if I could find a solution to make it work before having to duplicate all the tabs, that would be great ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Camille_equisense To help narrow down if the issue is the sheet or the form, I would suggest trying to connect with a new sheet. This will then allow us to see if the issue is related to the previous sheet or the form. If that doesn’t work, please let me know. 

I have been getting frustrated because of this same issue with the integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Janehahman would you mind sharing a screenshot of the error you’re receiving? We can help further once we have that. :grin: