Answered

Facebook Pixel Domain Verification

Userlevel 3

Hi, 

IOS14 changes within Facebook are coming up now, and using (custom) conversions, companies need to verify each domain we're using. I'm currently running Facebook Ads where the conversions are when someone filled in one of my Typeform's. Unfortunately, I'm not able to verify domains within Tag Manager, and I have no access to the back-end of my Typeforms. 

So, my question:  How can I verify my Typeform domain?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Gabriel 27 December 2021, 11:01

View original

145 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Leadsales WhatsApp CRM - from a fellow user here: that is frikkin awesome!! 

well done!

des

Hi all, quick update - and hopefully not the last one this week. I have some good news to share. 

We have defined a solution, which basically involves creating a new domain, apply PSL and use this domain for forms that need to be integrated with Facebook Pixel. We’ve reached the conclusion that this is the best solution based on our recent conversations with Facebook. 

Something we don’t have yet is an ETA - that should be the next update we post here. Im hoping to bring more info within the coming days. 

Thanks for your patience :ok_hand_tone4:

Hello Guys! 

Any update on this solution? 

Badge +5

hey @Leadsales WhatsApp CRM , that workaround sounds FANTASTIC. Someone is going to test it internally to validate it on our side! 

@Boreala. I’m hoping to post an update this week. :fingers_crossed_tone3:

Hello @Gabriel We didn’t hear anything from you about this matter. I remember that you promised to give us an update 1 week ago any updates regarding this urgent matter.

Badge +5

Hi @Nader , you are right, accept my apologies. I'm waiting for approval to be able to share our plan to tackle this issue. I'll keep chasing and will remind our team of the urgency to communicate next steps. 

Badge +5

Hi all :wave_tone3:

Sorry for the delay in giving an update on this. I know this is really important for you all but in order to define a solution we had to involve Facebook in the process - which slowed things down a little. 

After discussing the different possibilities we concluded that the best solution is creating a new domain and apply PSL (Public Suffix List). This is something I’d already shared with you over a week ago. So, what’s new?

Our objective is to implement a solution by the end of Q3. We have made good progress since my last update, mainly on anything related to solution definition and design. The work is now with the engineering teams who are analysing the solution in detail and making sure everything is ‘in order’ and ready to be built. Since this impacts ‘domains’ the work impacts many teams and processes. 

I’ll aim to bring another update in August (possibly end of the month) to share progress and status of this. 

In the interim, and I’m aware that this won’t work for everybody, @Leadsales WhatsApp CRM has found a workaround worth checking. Shout out to him for sharing his knowledge here. 

Appreciate your patience with this! 

Last edit: [July the 30th, 2021] Adding more info regarding time to complete. 

Any updates? I'm only paying for the business plan because of the Facebook Pixel integration and it still doesn't work?

With all respect, I'm not paying an extra 80 euros for leadsales.io.

Badge +5

Any updates? I'm only paying for the business plan because of the Facebook Pixel integration and it still doesn't work?

With all respect, I'm not paying an extra 80 euros for leadsales.io.

Hi @Sevil and everyone else following this thread. I’ve just updated my last response to add that we’ll implement a solution to this issue in Q3. More information here

Thanks everyone for your patience!

Any news on this?

Badge +5

Any news on this?

Hi Mike. Thanks for the nudge. I’ll aim to bring some info in the coming days with some info on where we are. 

Any updates on this? I suspect the FB algorithm doesn’t like the hack suggested on this thread. Their algorithm thinks the page is fraud since it embeds a different domain.

Badge +5

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay in responding to the latest comments. I didn’t forget about these but it took a bit of time to find further information for you. 

Our objective remains to implement a solution by the end of Q3. We have made good progress since my last update, mainly on anything related to solution definition and design. The work is now with the engineering teams who are analysing the solution in detail and making sure everything is ‘in order’ and ready to be built. Since this affects ‘domains’ the work impacts many teams and processes. 

I’ll aim to bring another update in August (possibly end of the month) to share progress and status of this. 

Thanks as always for your patience. 

FYI Workaround suggestion - We are using Zapier to send leads back to FB via the conversions API from Typeform. This makes the conversions appear inside FB Ads Manager as a Web conversion.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

How can I verify Typeform domain on Facebook?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @patricia fichtner Happy Thursday! I added your post to this thread here where we have the conversation. :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Liz, this means I can’t verify the domain?

Hi @Gabriel 

The objective was to implement the solution in the end of August, and it is already the end of September. 

What is the status of it? 

Badge +5

Hi @JasonK , I definitely owe you an update so apologies again. 

We really wanted to deliver this within Q3 – unfortunately it hasn’t been possible due to the level of complexity and other pressing priorities. 

The good news however is that our ‘part of the job’ is finished. The not so good news is that we’re still waiting for the approval of the new PSL that will enable this integration to work again on Facebook. This is really frustrating for us too, we have done our part, we’re just waiting and chasing as much as we can. 

I’ll share more updates as soon as I have them.

--

In the interim, and I’m aware that this won’t work for everybody, @Leadsales WhatsApp CRM has found a workaround worth checking. Shout out to him for sharing his knowledge here. 

Appreciate your patience with this. 

Last Update: November the 30th. 2021. 

One year almost and still not able to verify our domain from Typeform within Facebook. Leadpages already solved the issue very fast. What its the Forecast for Typeform having this issue solved? It’s making non sense to use Typeform with Facebook campaigns anymore….

Badge +5

Hey @Romulo thanks for joining our community. You’re totally right, this is talking too long. 

I’ve been talking to the team in the last couple of weeks about this - we definitely haven’t forgotten. 

The Typeform engineering team has finished most of the work required to solve this problem but there’s a final step that’s not in our hands. We’re waiting for Facebook to validate the new public suffix that will enable the integration to work again. 

I’m hoping to bring more news next week. This is also frustrating for us as we’re waiting on them to give us the green light to get this up and running. 

I’ll keep you posted.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello,

unfortunately I am not able to track TypeformFirstinteraction and Typeformsubmit, Pixel ID was linked to Typeform.
Tracking on another advertising account works without any problems. The settings are 1:1 the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Yea I’ve responded in the thread you created. :grinning: Thanks for creating that thread!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Yea I’ve responded in the thread you created. :grinning: Thanks for creating that thread!

hello, is a support call possible? need your help…
if i don't have the right settings, typeform doesn't help me with my facebook campaigns..

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Yea I would suggest replying to the support ticket you currently have open for more 1-1 help. Thanks!

PS: we don’t have phone support at the moment 

I am also waiting for this to be solved. 

I have had to make all our facebook ad sets based on traffic which feels like going back to the dark ages with no real insights into real perfromance. Can’t wait for this to be fixed so we can connect and change back to lead based campaigns.

Very frustrating.