Answered

File Upload Google Sheet View

• 15 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m thinking of getting a paid version of Typeform for the file upload ability, but would like some clarification before making a decision. 

If I have a file upload question, and I’ve integrated Typeform with a specified Google sheet, will the file upload question result (a png or pdf) show up as a URL in a column on that Google sheet? If I click on the link, will I need to sign in to typeform to view it? Or is it an image link that my browser will download and open?

This note is from a Typeform article“Note! You do not need to be signed in to your Typeform account to download files from your results with these URLs, and they are permanent links to your files.”

I would like more clarification on this because I saw a conflicting forum answer saying that I would need to sign in to view the file when I click on the file upload link that populates in the google sheet

icon

Best answer by James 16 May 2023, 10:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @tammato thanks for your question! The Help Center article is right, you can download the files without being signed into Typeform. As you say, you just click the link in the Google Sheet and it’ll download the file to your computer. 

Here’s a preview of the behaviour:

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for the confirmation and for the preview! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No problem @tammato keep in touch and let us know how you get on!