Answered

Get values from a google sheet

• 7 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello

I want to create a form with different logic jumps and questions which would then give the user an approximate quotation of a price. Is there any way I can pick these values from a google sheet and display it to the user?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 8 June 2021, 15:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kunzar Welcome to the community! It isn’t possible to reference a spreadsheet of data within the form, though you could use variables to calculate the price within the form. Would you mind sharing a bit more about the calculations you’d need to do? I can then provide some further examples and instructions!

Hello @Liz ! Thankyou so much for the warm welcome!
Basically, i want to create a form where customers can pick and choose from the services that we provide (its layered with different combinations) and then calculate their total bill/cost. I am open to tools other than google sheets or airtable but i’d much rather prefer having an external tool where we can seamlessly update the prices as we go along. 

I understand it may not be possible and since i am new to typeform i’d appreciate any links or resources within typeform to achieve this too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kunzar - welcome from another user: bear with my answer below to get to a solution 

It is entirely possible to collect information from the user in a typeform and Connect it to a Google Sheet and then create a customized quotation, invoice, etc that is turned into a pdf document that is sent to the user automatically 

I use Google Sheets, an add-on called Document Studio and templates based in Google Docs and Slides to create customized reports. You create the ‘merge template’ document with the layout you need for your ‘report’ and then,  using Document Studio to identify the merge document, the data is is merged into a document and converted to PDF. Documen Studio also allows you to create a customized email that you can send out, complete with attached pdf file. 

I use this to create custom reports for assessment surveys and for a tshirt printing sideline that i have. 

more details can be found in this community if you search on ‘document studio’ in the forum. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kunzar were you able to give any of @john.desborough suggestions a try? :grinning: