Answered

Google Analytics duplicated sessions

Userlevel 1
  • Socializer
  • 4 replies

Hello everybody,

I have a embedded Typeform connected with my Google Analytics propriety, and every time I visit one page, I detect 2 sessions and users on Google Analytics.

1. I tried both to enable the shareGoogleAnalyticsInstance as suggested here

2. and I correctely implemented utm tracking both in Analytics and Typeform.

Does somebody have any suggestions or had the same problem?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz 18 March 2022, 20:03

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TAG Happy Thursday! This behavior is expected when embedding the form onto your site. You can read more about this and a solution for fixing this here

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz ! Thank you for your answer! I already checked the solution on the FAQs, but it is still collecting duplicated data:

Is there something wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Could you send the URL where you have the form embedded, @TAG , so we can take a look? Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 1

Sure! It’s here: TAG Test

Thanks for your help (:

Userlevel 1

Sure! It’s here: TAG Test

Thanks for your help @Liz (:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @TAG !

@mathio do you happen to know why this wouldn’t be working, even though it’s set up correctly? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Liz and @TAG , my knowledge on this matter is limited, but please have a look at this thread, there was a similar issue:

If it does not help, I would ask @supertinou for help.

Userlevel 1

Thanks both for your answer @Liz and @mathio. I read the thread and I just want to make sure this could be the problem: in my Typeform we have the attribute “data-share-google-analytics-instance”, do we have to change it with “data-tf-share-ga-instance”? 
As far as I understood the first works on the embedded lib v0 and the second on the v1, and on out Typeform is version v1 because it has /next/ on the src URL, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@TAG that is all correct. Attribute data-tf-share-ga-instance is for embed lib v1 (or “next”). We do not recommend using v0 anymore and while it is not planned for a specific date, support for v0 will be likely dropped in future.