Answered

Google Drive Integration issue

• 22 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello all, I am trying to integrate Google Drive with one of my forms as I need it for video submissions that are bigger than 10mb. It looks to be set up correctly, but I’m not 100% sure how to connect it directly to my form. My drive account is all connected, and I get to this section and I am stumped. 

I can choose the drive folder itself, but I don’t know how to choose the typeform field itself. What am I missing? And how large of a file can be selected with this?

Thanks again all. I’m a total rookie over at this, so I appreciate your support!

icon

Best answer by vickioneill 25 May 2021, 18:52

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michelle B - welcome to the community. 

This happened to me the first time i tested out this feature.. my problem was that i had not published the form yet, so the fields were not yet ‘locked’ and available to the integration. 

just checking in case that has not been done yet.. (i know that sounds like tech support saying ‘are you sure you have the monitor turned on?” but ...)

des

Thanks, John! Sadly, I did already hit publish, but it will still only allow a 10mb upload, and it doesn’t seem to be linking to my drive (even though it says it’s linked). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michelle B ,

From a fellow community member - do you have the field “Upload File” as one of your options before you published? And did you receive a successful connection when you integrated Typeform? 

Lastly….is the question marked ‘Required’? That’s what was missing when I tried this the first time and received the same message as your screen shot. 

Hey @vickioneill - Yes it is set to “upload file,” but it still says, “size limit: 10 MB” and yes it seems to be successfully connected! And the question is required, but it still won’t change my size limit! I’ve even tried removing that section of the form and rebuilding it! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Michelle B ,

Thanks for the extra info! 

I just replicated the situation. So, go ahead and complete the authentication with Typeform and Google Drive.

Once that’s done, you’ll need to go back to the Create link then click Publish.

Once published, click the Connect link again and type Google Drive in the search bar. You’ll notice it’s already connected. 

Click the 3 dots to the right of the toggle button so you can edit it. 

It will prompt you to go through the authentication process again but you’ll see that you’re already connected to Typeform and Google Drive so click Next on both of those. 

You’ll return to the window asking where to upload files to. Click Add New Mapping and the dropdown arrow. 

You should now see the Upload field showing as an option. 

Let me know if it works now :) 

Thanks Vicki! I did all of this just now, but it still comes up as having a “10mb” limit! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Michelle B - great! I’m glad it worked.

The 10MB is the size limit for all connections whether it’s Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. 

OH - That explains it. Darn! I purchased an account in Typeform thinking it’d help my speakers upload 30-minute videos to Drive! Whoops! :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, that stinks, @Michelle B . You could always use Typeform as a way to engage them in your process then redirect them to a page on your website, for example (via Thank you page or email confirmation for completing the questions) and have them upload their video to Drive from there.