Answered

Google Sheets Integration

• 31 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with Google Sheets Integration. Firstly, my integration broke because my team was editing the main spreadsheet. After contacting support, I was advised to create a new tab (TAB2) within the same Google Sheet and pull all the information by using the ARRAY Function. That worked really well, however…

TAB 1: RED / TAB 2: GREEN

My problem now is with this new tab (TAB2) I created. Somehow I can't filter information, or sort by A-Z for example without losing all the data that's been pulled from (TAB1). I know they are connected by the ARRAY Function, but is there a way I can edit the info on (TAB2) without messing things up?

Also, on (TAB2) I created new columns (in blue) so my team can edit and add information about the ongoing claim/form. However, every time a new row is automatically added, the data on the blue columns lose alignment with the data from the grey columns. Does that make sense? I'm not sure how to make them stick with the information from the grey columns.

I hope someone knows how to fix this.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 31 May 2023, 19:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lazfujiyama Happy Wednesday! Thanks for stopping by. I’m afraid I’m not terribly good with Google Spreadsheets beyond the basic functions, but @john.desborough might have some advice for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lazfujiyama - this is really a google sheets issue and not a typeform issue when you get down to it.. 

the Support team was correct, don’t mess with the original tab. 

unfortunately, because your arrayformula’s are all in row 2, if you sort anything you are going to get things out of whack.. that is a google sheets issue. 

if you want to set up filters in google sheets you can do this easily for your columns on the tab - see the image below - the screen shot is from a 6 typeform series and this last table pulls data from the 5 prior typeforms on separate google sheets into this ‘reporting’ tab using email as the key to do vlookups and pull the data in .. we can then filter this data based on each column as necessary.. 

with this in mind you could set filters across multple columns ie in a state, with a policy type (insurance example in mind) and with an estimate coverage value of 1M or greater … rather than sorting and losing the array alignment.. 

Thank you, guys. Really helpful. 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad that helped, @lazfujiyama ! Let us know if there’s anything else we can answer. 😀