Hello from Integromat!

• 25 January 2021
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

HeyaTypeform people, just wanted to drop in and say hi :wave: 

I am super excited to be a part of this lovely growing community 
:pray:

I am an integration/automation enthusiast and an avid dog/cat petter. I also work for Integromat. It’s a no-code integration platform that lets you connect Typeform to pretty much any app or API. Thanks to that, you can build workflows according to your very needs. We use Typeform internally for all kinds of things and we are absolutely in love with it. It’s clear that we share a passion for uniqueness and customization. By combining Typeform with Integromat, beautiful things happen. We have recently released a blog post on optimizing eCommerce stores with Typeform. It shows how well Typeform integrates with Integromat and how creatively it can be used. Feel free to check it out if it sounds interesting :blush:

I cannot wait to see all the fun integration talk that’ll be happening within the ‘Integrate your Typeform’ space :v:

Have a great day, everyone :four_leaf_clover:

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Michaela welcome aboard! Thanks for that great intro. Looks like we share the same interests :dog::cat::nerd:

I love that blog post :heart_eyes:  kudos to Martin for a really comprehensive guide.

I am responsible for curating/creating content for the Typeform community.  One of the things we'd love to do is encourage folks to showcase their weird and wonderful use cases to demonstrate the endless possibilites of using Typeform as part of a nocode stack.

With this in mind we would be well up for any collaboration with you and your merry band at Integromat in terms of sharing interesting real world use cases, tips, tutorials, workshops, etc. Any ideas are more than welcome - happy to connect!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michaela - welcome to the community! It’s nice to put a face to Integromat. :) Thanks for popping in!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @James, thanks for the warm welcome!

Very excited to hear about your excitement! Collaboration on weird and wonderful real-world use cases sounds like an absolute blast :nerd: 

I’m totally planning to be an active member of this beautiful community, so I’m pretty sure something will come up really soon :slight_smile::sunny::shamrock:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Heya @Liz!

Thanks for the lovely welcome :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Very excited to hear about your excitement! Collaboration on weird and wonderful real-world use cases sounds like an absolute blast :nerd: 

@Michaela your excitement about my excitement excites me :rofl:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nice to see you here @Michaela 

A lot of folks have connected Typeform and Integromat together 🙂
I personally used it for a personal project: https://cahier-contact.fr/

It uses a typeform response to generate other typeforms and send the newly created typeform via email using Courier

Can’t wait to see what people will build :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James I can already tell that we’ll get along perfectly :laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Nice to see you here @Michaela 

It uses a typeform response to generate other typeforms and send the newly created typeform via email using Courier

Hi @picsoung, thanks for sharing your project! Despite my limited knowledge of French, I understand what you did there :sweat_smile::clap:

Very impressive and very interesting indeed! I’m also stoked to hear that you enjoy using Typeform with Integromat :pray:

Userlevel 2

Hi @Michaela,

Welcome,  I’ve just joined the community but love what you are all doing at Integromat. 

I’ll check the Typeform integrations out.

Jason

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Nice to see you here @Michaela 

@picsoung - I really like what you did with the solution and the integration. This would be a really good solution that could be used in several areas of the province of Quebec here in Canada, as well as in the capital, Ottawa. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michaela your excitement about my excitement excites me :rofl:

@James Yes please, sir! :sunny: All of us here at Integromat are positively giddy and happy to collaborate :hugging: If you ever want to discuss any details, absolutely feel free to reach out to me at   michaela.staffova@integromat.com :envelope::postbox::mailbox_with_mail:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James Yes please, sir! :sunny: All of us here at Integromat are positively giddy and happy to collaborate :hugging: If you ever want to discuss any details, absolutely feel free to reach out to me at   michaela.staffova@integromat.com :envelope::postbox::mailbox_with_mail:

Fantastic, thanks @Michaela :hugging:  !! I just sent you an email. Apologies if it's a bit rambly and scatty, that Four O Clock Friday fug has just descended :drooling_face: 

Can't wait to talk more and to dazzle our beautiful community with shiny integration ideas :sunglasses:

Hello typeform people!
I’m reaching the community because i’m facing some issues with an airtable data transfert thanks to integromat. (the data is scattered in multiple places and i’ve got to use Gmail and slack, I can’t use the airtable integration directly in typeform).

In my typeform, i’m asking for a picture. Here is the issue, I fill the integromat scenario with the right answer at the right place (in the URL field) but the picture does not get uploaded in Airtable. I’ve checked with different pictures (which are pretty small), with different format.  

When I try using the link directly, i get this message : 

Error message

It seems that i should add headers, or change the typeform to “public” but i did not found the right option. 

Thank you for your help , 

Have a great day !! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Raphaël Professional account Thanks for stopping by! Would you mind sharing some screenshots on how you have the scenario in Integromat setup? Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Raphaël Professional account , lovely to meet you :slight_smile:

Liz is totally right :arrow_up: , it would be great if you could share some screenshots of the scenario so we can assist as much as we can.

The thing is we were experiencing some Airtable connectivity issues a few hours ago. Our team managed to apply a workaround to overcome this and the situation is currently being monitored. Sooo, it’s possible that the error was caused by these issues. To know this for sure, the screenshots would be super helpful:slight_smile:

Hi!!
Thank you for your quicks answers! 
So here are the pictures ;) 
Here, it’s an example (simpler than what i want to do, but the idea is there). 
It retrieves typeform anwers, looks for an existing reccord and finally add the picture in the right record. It finds only one row per search. (the goal is to add picture to a contact table)

Here is how I fill the row. 

And here is the exact content I fill in the scenario.

I hope there is enough information for you. If needed, feel free to ask me specific screenshoots of the scenario. 

Thank you for your time, 

Have a great day!

Raphaël 

PS : I’ve retried multiple times since the day integromat was facing issues with airable, but it’s apparently solved, and my automation is still not working

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michaela 

I think this is happening when you retrieving responses of a form that has a “file upload” question. Typeform Responses API gives you URL for files that were uploaded.
You need a subsequent API call to “Retrieve response file” endpoint to retrieve the content of the file.

I think it’s missing an action to retrieve those files, or an explanation to make an HTTP request reusing an existing Typeform auth.

Hope it makes sense
@Raphaël Professional account let me know if I understood it totally wrong.

Hi @picsoung thank you for your answer! 
Actually i’ve thought about this, but in zapier it works perfectly fine this way, and Integromat is asking for a “file url” which is exactly what typeform is providing. 

If I get everything right, using a “get” request in http, I will have directly the data and not a link to the data. Meaning that I will have to upload the data somewhere to get a sharable link to send to airtable via integromat.
At this point I can directly use the “get file” (disguised http request) from typeform integration in integromat which gives me the raw data, and then find a way to upload it to get a link. But it takes more operations and complexifies the scenario.

If someone knows how the typeform file link can be used by integromat for airtable, i will be very gratefull, otherwise, I’ll use the “get file” from typeform and use something else to get the link. 

I hope it was all clear ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Raphaël Professional account 

If you use the API call to retrieve the file from Typeform you can then upload it as an attachment to Airtable.

But if you want it to store it as a link in Airtable, you will have to store the `api.typeform.com/files..` link. There is no publicly accessible version of this link.
If you are authenticated on your Typeform, you should see the file when clicking on this link.

Hey @picsoung 
Thank you for your answer ! I will check this! 
Raphaël 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Raphaël Professional account :slight_smile:

Oh, I see what’s going on! I immediately jumped to the connectivity issues because that was a huge topic here in the offices of Integromat :sweat_smile:

Anyway, the problem here is that ‘File Upload’ response points to a URL that is not public and the Airtable API asks for a public URL to retrieve a file. 

To achieve this, you might

1. Get a Typeform response
  2. Download the image as raw data
  3. Upload the file to a public location
  4. Get the link to the file
  5. Use the public link in Integromat’s Create/Update Record module so that Airtable can download the file from the public link

There is no way to upload raw data to Airtable. You can check out their API documentation to see:

Another solution has already been mentioned by @picsoung :slight_smile: - - - > pasting the link to the Typeform URL with the uploaded file. If you’re logged into Typeform, you will then be able to see the file if you click the link in Aiartable. But you won’t see the actual image, just a URL.

I hope this helps :blush:

Also, you’re saying that this works fine with Zapier. Could you maybe give us a tiny bit more details on this? Just being curious here :nerd:

Have a great day, everyone! :four_leaf_clover: