Answered

HELP!! My Integration from Typeworm to Airtable wont work for multiple selection!

• 4 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Dear Support Team,

I've been encountering an issue while trying to integrate my Typeform with Airtable using Zapier. Specifically, the integration fails when attempting to match a Typeform dropdown question with a multiple select field in Airtable.

I have two scenarios:

1. Scenario 1 (Works successfully)
    • Typeform question (Dropdown): Language Skills
      • Options: English, Spanish, Mandarin, Hindi, Japanese, Russian
    • Airtable field (Multiple Select): Language Skills
      • Options: English, Spanish, Mandarin, Hindi, Japanese, Other

The above integration works only when I include the "Other" option in the Airtable field.

1. Scenario 2 (Fails)
    • Typeform question (Dropdown): Marketing Skills
      • Options: Affiliate Marketing, AI Tools, Automation Tools, Brand Strategy, ChatGPT, Content Creation, Conversion Rate Optimization, Copywriting, Data Analytics, Data Science, Discord Engagement, Email Marketing, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Graphic Design, Landing Page Design, Memes, Multi-Platform Paid Ads, No-Code Tools, Pixel Tracking and Setup, Podcasting, Product Management, Product Marketing, Project Management, SEO, Smart Contracts, Social Media Marketing, Software Engineering, Telegram Engagement, Twitter Growth, Twitter Spaces, UX/UI, Video Creation/Editing, Web Development, Whitepapers
    • Airtable field (Multiple Select): Marketing Skills
      • Same options as Typeform

In this case, the integration fails even though the options in both Typeform and Airtable are identical. I receive an error message saying "Hmm...not a perfect match. That Typeform question doesn't really go with that Airtable field. Try to make them match."

I have confirmed that the data types in both the Typeform question and Airtable field are compatible (a dropdown in Typeform with a multiple select in Airtable). Also, the options in both fields are spelled and formatted identically.

It's perplexing that one scenario works while the other does not, despite them being set up in the same manner. Could you please assist me in understanding why this is happening and how to resolve the issue?

Thank you for your assistance,

Matthew

icon

Best answer by Liz 5 July 2023, 15:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @New School Marketing Bros Thanks for sending all this information over! This really helps us take a look into this. 

For the first ones, the fields need to match exactly. In this case, you have the “other” option which isn’t in Typeform. This will either need to be added in Typeform or removed from Airtable. 

For the second option, do you have any extra fields in Airtable (like the “other” option) or bolding/italicized in one or the other? If so, this will also cause an issue. 

Our article here can also help address mapping issues. 

Let me know if these solutions don’t work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @New School Marketing Bros how’s it going?

Let us know if you managed to resolve everything and get Typeform and Airtable working together! 😊