Answered

Help with collecting multiple emails in a survey and using a Zap to send emails?

• 26 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I can’t figure this out, and I’m new to both Zapier and Typeform, so not sure if it’s me, or what I want isn’t possible.

I’m trying to use Typeform “long paragraph” answer to collect email addresses (listed separated by a comma or semicolan) that the person provides.  In other words “Give me the emails of your friends you want Klouf to reach out to on your behalf.”  I want to then send THOSE people a separate email (it’s a passthrough function) immediately. I got excited that I could set up a Zap that would send those people an automated message, but I keep getting an error in the “to” function. I dragged in the right question (give me the emails...), but  it’s not working. I’m wondering if maybe you can’t include more than one email address? or is there a way they must be formatted?

Thanks so much. I was SO excited that I didn’t have to do this manually, but now am lost:(

cheers,

Jessica

icon

Best answer by picsoung 27 February 2021, 01:17

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Jessica.seepersad. Welcome to the community and Happy Friday! 😊

At the moment it's not possible to send multiple emails from one single form using the Zapier integration. This is because when integrating with Zapier, you'll need to select the "email question" from typeform to set up email follow-ups. The field "long text" wouldn't work for this purpose and that's the reason why you couldn't make it work. This Help Center article can guide you through the process to integrate Typeform and Zapier. 

I'll also ping @Liz here in case she has a fancy workaround to share. Let's see! :) 

Userlevel 1

Thanks! Appreciate the response, it seemed to good to be true. Would love to hear if there are any work arounds, besides me manually sending an email:) Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Jessica.seepersad 

I believe there might be an intermediary step necessary to make it work with the “send email” connector from Zapier.

You would need to use the Formatter block by Zapier, we will use it to extract all email addresses from the long text, turning

nico@lol.com, pepe@caralol.com, jojo@mac.cn 

into a list.

Formatter block on Text action

Select Split Text as action
and ,as separator

In the end you will get a list that should look like this

That should be easier to manipulate for the email block.

Look like the newly launched Loop Zap Action is also doing just that.

Hope it helps :)

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much! I’ll give it a shot, really appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Userlevel 1

@picsoung, I’m probably pushing my luck by asking lol, but is there any way that the messages could be sent individually? Or to me and the other addresses be  BCC? Got the test to work (yea!), but the email allows everyone to see who it was also sent to. 

I’m new to all of this, just trying to learn as as I go….Thanks so much!

cheers,

Jessica

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Jessica.seepersad It really depends which email block you are using.
For example the one provided by Zapier, has a bcc option.

Zapier folks might know better :)