Answered

How To Append Field Names in a Redirect

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m trying to integrate my typeform with a third party.

They ask that I set Typeform to redirect on complete (easy peasy) but they ask that we append some fields in the redirect url itself, in the format

redirecter.com?firstname=”X”&lastname=”Y”&email=”Z”

So I just need to specify X, Y, and Z.  Problem is, I have no idea what to append. There’s no clear name for first name, last name, and email address in my typeform itself, or in the csv file that I downloaded with columns in it hoping to see some sort of traditional field name.

And when I use the @ sign inside the typeform itself to try to find a field name,  the auto-suggested value at the end of the @ sign is of course the entire question itself, rather than a traditional-looking field name.  For example, the value of my email address “field” when I type @ and select the email question is:

Hi there! What’s your work email address?

Am I seriously supposed to append THAT into my redirect link, so that it reads:

redirecter.com?firstname=”X”&lastname=”Y”&email=”Hi there! What’s your work email address?”

That seems a little crazy.  Thanks for any suggestions. I dropped a note to Typeform and to my third party  but I was hoping to get this solved asap.

icon

Best answer by wade-ev 27 May 2022, 04:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Fiddlesticks, I figured it out.  You are supposed to write part of the redirect url, then click the + sign to append.

I’d have deleted this but I can’t see how to do it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@wade-ev - welcome to the community .. don’t worry, what happens in Community stays in community

seriously though, glad you made it work!

des