Answered

How to track conversions in Google Analytics?

• 24 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I would like to know how I can do to visualize typeform conversions in Google Analytics in such a way that they appear to me from the source of the page where the conversion was made. The typeform has Google Analytics integration enabled and it appears as a pop-up on my website when clicked.
Right now what I see in Google Analytics is the entire Typeform URL but not that the conversion was made from the page where the typeform is.

See the image below for reference:

Thanks for the help you can provide me!

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 February 2021, 21:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Marketing Team ! In order to track the page where a respondent submitted the form, you’ll need to create an event within Google Analytics to track this and implement the code onto your site. 

So, the steps would look something like this: 

1. Create an event in Google Analytics. There’s a great guide here to help you create an event depending on what you’d like to track and how you’ll be using the data in the future. 
  2. Add the event code to each page where the popup is. If this is every page, you could add the event code to the header/footer of your site. Depending on your comfortability level with Google Analytics and coding, you may or may not need to grab help with the code from a tech-savvy friend. 
  3. Next, you can view the event data by page by going to Behavior → Events → Pages
  4. Then, when viewing the events, be sure to sort the event by the Secondary Dimension, which would be the event you specifically created for your typeform. 

Then, you’ll be able to see which pages the form submissions happened on! :) Let me know how this goes for you, and I’ll work on creating an in-depth guide for this, too. 

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your answer!. We have already created the events with Google Tag Manager, but the question would be how can I visualize the Typeform conversions that arrive from an specific page where the embedded Typeform is. Right now it shows me the source as a URL for each typeform submitted, as I show in the previous graphic. There’s a way to identify that?

Thank you,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Marketing Team ah! glad to hear you have the events already setup. Are you able to see the specific page data when you go to Behavior → Events → Pages and then choose your event as the Secondary Dimension? From there, you should see the event and the pages the event occurred on as well as how many times, too.