Answered

how to track quesstion pass in google analytics and google tag manager

• 24 March 2021
  • 8 replies

hi, i set up the goals on google analytics and event tracking on GTM, but I don’t know how to fill the label ? it is the question name ? if yes, should I set up a few numbers of goals based on the numbers of question on typeform ?

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 March 2021, 17:49

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @zhengcheng0218 Thanks for stopping by the community! :grinning:  You can find all your typeform’s “Questions Passed” events in Google Analytics under Behavior > Events > Top Events report. Then, if you want to figure out where respondents drop off, click on “Unique Events” to see which question has the fewest answers. Let me know if you have any troubles finding the data there!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @zhengcheng0218 were you able to find the data? :grinning:

Hi @Liz, is there a way to configure these events for GA4?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ginacz This article here can answer that for you and offer a workaround since GA4 isn’t something we support. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,
Apologies if I highjack this one.

Is there a way to fire a Tag Manager event when an answer is clicked with the actual value of what the person clicks?

For example: if you have multiple choices a, b or c on question one: I would love it if I can fire a trigger based on only those who answer a. 

Would this be possible? When I debug, there’s no events as I click through the form… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Søren Kjelstrup I’m afraid this wouldn’t be possible since we only send specific events through, but I can share this feedback with the product team. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Søren Kjelstrup I’m afraid this wouldn’t be possible since we only send specific events through, but I can share this feedback with the product team. 

That would make very good sense as it would make it easy to make external tracking and goals for each steps for e.g. Google Ads. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Søren Kjelstrup Agreed!