Answered

[Intercom integration] Undesirable popup shown after survey completion

• 8 July 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hi there!
We have a mobile app which contains the Intercom SDK.
When an Android user complete a typeform survey (whether proposed from Intercom Messenger or from Intercom Outbound messaging) an undesirable popup is shown:

This doesn’t occur in iOS.
Any idea how to prevent that from happening?

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by Liz 12 July 2021, 18:13

View original

9 replies

Badge

Hi there!
We have a mobile app which contains the Intercom SDK.

We prompt users to complete a survey with an Intercom Outbound Post message:

Then the user complete the survey:

… And when the user is done completing the survey, it is taken back to the initial Post message prompting for taking the survey.

It seems to me that when the survey has been undertaken, the user should not see the Post Message prompt again.

Any idea how to enforce this behaviour?

Thx!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JulesPrft Happy Thursday! This is certainly a weird message I haven’t seen yet. Would you mind sending the URL where you have the form so I can test this out? 

@picsoung have you seen this by chance? 

Badge

Hi @Liz,
Thanks for trying to help, I just sent you the concerned survey URL.
Regards,
Jules

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks! Though, it looks like I received the form URL directly. Do you mind sharing the URL of the webpage you have Intercom on? @JulesPrft 

Badge

Hi @Liz,
Oh Ok sorry i misunderstood you.
The form is not proposed on a web page but in a mobile app that onboard Intercom SDK and that unfortunately requires pairing with our connected device for signing-in.
I believe that if you test on any app that onboards the Intercom SDK you should see the above mentioned behaviors.

But if the only way to move forward is having access to our app, I can provide you with a special user/pwd that allow to access. That would need to happen in PM though.
Let me know how to proceed.
Thx

Badge

Also @Liz, by testing with an app that onboards the Intercom SDK, you would probably also notice that only up to 4 hidden fields are possible (otherwise the Tyupeform add-on hangs). I didn’t find it in your documentation so you might want to add it if confirmed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JulesPrft Ah, got it! While we don’t support forms within apps at the moment, a bit more detail on this here, @picsoung may have some advice as to why this error is appearing. 

Badge

Hi @Liz ,
Typeform team is describing some behaviours on this page https://www.intercom.com/app-store/apps/typeform and on this one https://www.typeform.com/connect/intercom/embed-your-typeform-into-an-intercom-messenger-window/ and nowhere is it written that you don’t support the case when Intercom is embedded in a mobile app.
How come?
I suggest that you bring some corrections as one can find it a bit misleading.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JulesPrft In general, we don’t currently support forms embedding in apps, in which there is more detail about this here. I’ve tagged @picsoung though to share this feedback. :grin: