Answered

Klaviyo and End Result Property with a Personality Quiz

I’ve created a simple out come personality quiz where there are four options for an end result.  I’ve integrated this so the user is added to an email flow in Klaviyo.  In Klaviyo, under properties for each email address, I can see the answers to the questions but the score is always 0. I would like to assign a score value to each of the four personality types so the user can get an email specific to them. Any idea on how to do this? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 July 2021, 15:58

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @graz Happy Friday! The Klaviyo integration was built by and owned by Klaviyo, so you may need to verify this information with them, but I don’t believe their integration supports passing the score :( Their help center article is here, but I would definitely suggest reaching out to their support team to request this feature! 

@Liz Okay, I’ll do that. Thanks for the quick reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem! Let us know if we can help with anything else, @graz .

Badge +1

Is it still true that you can’t get the outcome of the quiz imported to Klaviyo? Only the answers to the individual questions are auto importing for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jessko I’m afraid this is true, and as noted above, since the integration is built by Klaviyo, I would definitely recommend reaching out to them to request this feature! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz  - not knowing the Klaviyo product at all, are variables passed across in the integration or just answers to questions?? 

des

Badge +1

@john.desborough If variables do get passed through, how do I convert the outcomes to variables? I’ll test it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jessko - you would need to create a text variable, call it v_ending, and leave it blank as default

you would need to use the branching and calculation (instead of a simple outcome quiz.. sorry) and then set a logic rule that was something along the lines of this example:

• if ptype_score is less than or equal to 10 then replace v_ending with “Orc”
  • if ptype_score is greater than 10 but less than or equal to 20 then replace v_ending with “Hobbit”
  • ….
  • if ptype_score is less than or equal to 10 jumpto ending A (for Orc) 
  • etc.. jumpto different ending pages. 

that way you have the v_ending variable in the list of fields that would be passed if Klaviyo accepts variables. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jessko I reached out to our tech team, but I’m afraid they’re not quite sure either if variables are passed through. :\ I know this isn’t very helpful, but I would definitely give Klaviyo an email to see if they can confirm this for you!

Badge +1

@Liz just emailed their support. I’ll let you know if I hear anything different

@john.desborough Thank you for sending a suggestion of how to achieve this. I’m afraid my quiz is too complicated of logic (with 7 outcomes) to apply that method. Or possibly it’s over my head. It seems that I should be able to assign a variable to the outcome for klaviyo to read. After all, the outcome is the entire point of the quiz to allow email content segmentation. I don’t understand the API limitation. Maybe Klaviyo support will have an idea. 

Thanks All for helping!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wonderful, @jessko ! Let us know what they say!