Answered

Losing email adresses

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I noticed that if somebody exits a quiz their email is not being sent to mailchimp.

In my typeform they go through 4 screens and if they don’t press “submit” on the last screen I lose a lead.

How can I prevent that. Ideally the email would be sent even if they exit.

A lead costs me about $30 and I would like to to avoid unnecessary losses.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 12 May 2022, 04:23

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@guidowalter - at the  moment, Typeform only records the data on the submission of the form. There is work being done right now on ‘partial completion recording’ by the Typeform Product team - I’ve had a discussion with a couple of the team on the subject. 

until they finish the implementation we will have to look at work arounds, unfortunately

where in your flow is the email question? at the beginning or the end of your flow? If it is early in your series, maybe your ‘first question’, - with a caveat message to the user that you want to capture the email up front in case there are some issues or clarifications that might be needed - you could break your typeform into 2 forms. the first one capturing the email address and then using the redirect upon completion function and hidden fields to append the email to the url of the second form. 

This would ensure that at the start you get what you want most, the email address. 

just a thought for a work around given the current circumstances. 

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Ok makes sense. Its in the beginning of about 30 questions. I will have to rethink the exits and make sure they press them. Thank you. Using tow forms might be workable but it doesn’t resonate with me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@guidowalter - simple trick i use so that folks don’t realize they are ‘submitting’ and going to the next form is to change the text for the submit button in the Settings - Messages area to something that is more ‘fluid’ ie Continue or, for a UK client, “Let’s crack on!” 

if the email question is the last one in the first form and the submit button has a more ‘in the flow’ instruction on it, the latency might be a split second longer than between questions in a form but nothing that would be detrimental to the flow. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I did change my mind and splitting the forms is a good idea. I now get name and email in the beginning in case they change their mind. I have tested and the loading of the new typeform is so fast I cannot see the difference compared to having one long form. Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nice, @guidowalter! Why don't you send this form to us so we can test it as well? Just making sure it's perfect! 😉

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Gabi 

Here it is: https://apsolvo.typeform.com/to/klEBKuKi#name=xxxxx&email=xxxxx

Let me know what you think.

I found out that it works the same way if you just use https://apsolvo.typeform.com/to/klEBKuKi

The information is passed on to part 2.

Apparently it works, maybe there are other reasons to include the hidden fields in the link.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

If somebody is testing this page please be aware its a life form and if you schedule a session in the end it will block my calendar 😂.

Please avoid blocking my calendar by doing 1 of the following 2 things:

1. Do not schedule a session
  2. If you schedule a session make sure your email is valid and cancel the appointment from the confirmation email.

Thank you,

GW

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @guidowalter! I've just tested your form and it's very nice and detailed! 

My only feedback is on this page:

The link is not working for me and also, when you make sure the link works and put it back, you can hyperlink it to "success stories". Just a thought though! 😉

P.S. I didn't schedule a consultation! Hehehe. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thank you, yes I will change the link. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@guidowalter Let me know when you do it, so then I can test it again! 😉