Answered

Microsoft flows / automate issues

• 11 May 2021
  • 4 replies

I am trying to use Microsoft’s Flows to bring data from my type forms into a SharePoint Excel document using the TypeForm Flow template.

The TypeForm Flow connector has issues passing the data through to the next step in a MS Flow.

Reviewing the raw inputs the data is arriving and formatted correctly but it only allows Submitted & Sent data to be populated to the excel spreadsheet.

Several attempts with different TypeForms result generally only 2 to 5 fields populating.

Note: I am using webhooks and MS flows as I am not able to authorise the Excel connection due to rights on our corporate O365 account.

How can I get the full data to appear in the MS Flows?

icon

Best answer by Liz 12 May 2021, 16:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ePayroll Thanks for stopping by! :grinning: While I’m not terribly familiar with connecting to Microsoft Flow this way, from the screenshot it looks like the data might be from a test webhook. I’d suggest submitting a response on the form directly to pull in real data, which may help. I’ve noticed this helps with some other platforms such as Zapier, so it might be the case here, too!

Thanks @Liz, yes my screen shot is of test data sent via the webhook test. (Used for privacy in screenshot) However it occurs with live data, it is occurring across multiple forms and different forms appear to drop the available fields at different points. Some I only get Submitted and Sent but on average I’ll get the first 3-6 fields. When I started I was able to get 10 fields but this form then reduced about a week into running down to 5 fields.

I have re-setup the flows, used new forms, used new excel sheets.

Only item I could find under google that is roughly similar is a comment that the TypeForm Flow app doesn’t transpose data types correctly and a work around is to use a raw JSON flow connector with code to transpose all the fields. 

My fields and content are simple text so I don’t expect this to be the cause.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ePayroll got it - thanks! Hm, it’s strange that even the real data isn’t working. I sadly don’t have too much more direction I can give with Microsoft Flow since the integration was built by their team, but have you reached out to their support team yet to see if they can help/give some further direction?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ePayroll Hope you’re holding up over there! Were you able to get ahold of Microsoft’s team? :grin: