Answered

Outcome quiz to Zapier... what ID to connect?

• 8 December 2021
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi friends! I have created an Outcome Quiz in TF and have successfully connected my required email address responses to Klaviyo via Zapier (according to Zapier tests), but I am unable to

1. get new email addresses to show up in Klaviyo (outside of the Zap test email)
    and
  2. set up the proper Action-Filter in Zapier to assign each email address to the proper list.

Regarding #2, the Filter Data is to complex for me to understand what data connects to the corresponding Outcome, i.e. in order to filter the email address to the proper list. Therre is no transparrency on the TF side (that I’m aware of?) to help me identify this….

I’ve worked on this for hours at this point and feel that I’m very close to getting it to work… I hope I don’t have to eff with webhooks? 

PLEASE ADVISE 🙏

icon

Best answer by picsoung 14 December 2021, 02:45

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @yourmom Thanks for stopping by the community. 

To help with your questions, 

1. In the Zapier zap history, you should be able to see if the zap was successfully sent or not, and if not, where the zap went wrong. Could you send a screenshot of the most recent history? It should look something like this: 

1. As for the outcomes, you’ll see that there is a list of options to choose from when selecting data from Typeform. If you keep scrolling in that list, the outcomes should appear with more data so it’s easier to read. If you’re not quite sure which is which, would you mind sending a short video of what you’re seeing? Then we’ll be able to see the options, too, and help. :) 

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I keep thinking that “Winning_outcome...” is what would trigger the user to go to a specific outcome page (and also to be added to the proper list in Klaviyo) but I can’t figure out what the “contains” paremeters should be….?

Additiionally, I don’t know if the test trigger entries matter, but I’m seeing Entry A and Entry B as options and I’m not sure why…?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you, Liz! And apologies, I submitted that other Q before I saw your response…. here’s the error I found in the Zap history!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Liz Can you see this screenshare vid? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kz5-vZt9U_CjfTA4eLz2lZhudhBMtedK/view?usp=sharing

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
@Liz here are my data points (img 1/3)… this is the point where my zap keeps misfiring.
see anything that might connect?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Liz img 2/3

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Liz img 3/3….

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, interesting. There should be the endings appearing. Have you submitted a real response to the form yet? If not, that should help push those endings through, @yourmom 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Liz I have submitted a few, yeah. Just sent another on through and got these fields returned… I still don’t see any specifically called “ending” 😵‍💫 See anything else that might work?’

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @yourmom 
Looking at your screenshots you have different ways to access the winning outcome, either via outcome_id,var_outcome_id or analyzing the content of outcome_title.

I don’t think we show you anywhere the actual id of the outcome. It’s probably something we need to improve.
Right now you can find the corresponding id by opening https://api.typeform.com/forms/vL0MyTfI in your browser and look for the outcomes section.

Hope it helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@picsoung EUREKA!!!! THANK YOU! 

I finalllyyyy got it hooked up and working correctly :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yay!! Glad to hear that helped, @yourmom ! Let us know if we can help with anything else. :grin:

Userlevel 2
Badge

@picsoung EUREKA!!!! THANK YOU! 

I finalllyyyy got it hooked up and working correctly :) 

Hi Guys :) Could you help me the Id Codes? I have the exact same problem and i already have mit api document but i still don’t know how to continue. I tried so many different versions but i still need a filter like winning outcome equals xyz. 

i hope you can help me :) 

xoxo Maraike

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @maraike Happy to help! Were you able to give Nico’s solution above a go? Let us know if you’re having trouble using that solution to find the IDs or where you’re getting lost in the process. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @maraike Happy to help! Were you able to give Nico’s solution above a go? Let us know if you’re having trouble using that solution to find the IDs or where you’re getting lost in the process. 

Hi @Liz Thank you for your reply. I gave it a go but i still don’t know what “value” i should type in. Must be the relevant winning ID, right? Let me show you where i got lost:

1. I tried setting up the filter only continue if Winning ID (machtes, is, contains?) 
  2. This is where i get los: What value do i need here? 

I don’t really know what to do with the IDs i found in the api document.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @maraike You will need to enter the outcomes ID. You can find this in the API link (changing out the form ID) in the URL Nico added above. 

Once you have that entered, you’ll want it to match in the filter. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Liz I entered the Outcome ID but the Zap would not continue. Let me show you via Screenshots what i did: This is API Document with the Outcome ID i entered for Ending 1 (see pink marking). Maybe this is the wrong one? 

In the next picture you can see what i put in Zapier filter:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @maraike It looks like you’ve got the zap setup correctly. Did the zap fail? If so, you may need to submit a response on the form that has that outcome so Zapier can see an existing result with it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

hi @Liz so i collected a few responses and now the API document shows the outcome ID i guess: 

I selected the first outcome ID and filled in my Zap: 

Unfortunately the Zap does not continue again :( 

Is there any other solution possible?

xoxo Maraike

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@picsoung or @mathio do either of you happen to know why it wouldn’t be working at this point? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sorry, I dont have experience with connecting typeforms to Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @maraike 

I know it could be hard to navigate a JSON file. To make it easier to read you can use tool like jsonlint.com and copy paste the json there.

If you look at the bottom https://api.typeform.com/forms/lKhxc2JD you should see an outcome object and it contains the list of all your outcomes.
Each outcome has an id and a ref. Use the id of the outcome in the filter, exactly like you did it.

Maybe is your sample data that is not correct. I would recommend making a test submission to your form. And reload the sample data in Zapier.

Userlevel 2
Badge

My dear @Liz and @picsoung,

it finally works! Thank you so so so so much for your support. Without your help I would be so desperate.

Let me tell you how I made it work:

So after @picsoung recommendation i turned in all 4 test submissions again and it turned out, that the sample data had not been correct. I entered the new IDs with Outcome ID - contains (text) - ID --- CHECK! 

I set up 4 different zaps for each ending entering a special tag on Klick-Tipp e-mail marketing tool.

Thank you again for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wahoo!! Glad that worked, @maraike ! Thanks for sharing!

Hey, I just spent 2 days with a similar issue but solved it a little different than you. 

Instead of IDs I’ve used the body text contains “pasted text” which was the element for segmenting quiz outcomes. 

I’ve also used Zapier Paths to conditionally run and updated the contacts with the right property based on quiz outcomes. 

The joy of solving this out is palpable :D