Question

Page is scrolling to top upon clicking launch button on mobile

• 30 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

I want to ask one question. I noticed that on mobile if I am using the Typeform button at bottom, then upon clicking the button, before it opens typeform, window is scrolled to top.
Could you please help me with this issue.
You can check this on below link. Scroll the window a bit. you will see a ribbon stuck to bottom name "REQUEST SAMPLE", this is where I have embedded typeform. When this link is clicked, meanwhile typeform loads, window is scrolled to top.
https://www.futurewood.com.au

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @FW2021 Thanks for posting here! :grinning:

I tested the form on mobile, but it’s working fine for me. What device are you testing on? 

One thing I also noticed on the desktop version is this here: 

but clicking on this doesn’t lead to anywhere. Do you happen to have different settings for both mobile and desktop in this piece of the site? 

Badge

Hi @Liz on mobile if you scroll down a bit, then you can see a sticky ribbon at bottom. if you click the “Request Samples”, then meanwhile form gets loaded, the window is scrolled to top which should not happen.

On Desktop , it is working perfectly fine as it it implemented as a slider from the right.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @FW2021 Thanks! I gave that a try, but I didn’t experience any issues on my iPhone. What device are you testing on? 

Badge

Hi @Liz I am testing on Android (One Plus 7) and one of my friend tested on iPhone too. And we both are facing this same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@FW2021 Thank you! I just gave it a try on iPhone again, and this is what I’m seeing. Do you happen to have a screenshot of how you’re adding the embed code on your site? It looks like there are some conflicting styles, but I want to be sure I’m looking at the correct elements. 

Thanks in advance - apologies for all the back and forth. :disappointed_relieved:

Badge

Hi @Liz 

If you notice at 0.11 page is scrolled to the top and after that form starts loading.

I have added the anchor element provided by Typeform to embed on my page and put the <script> in my custom.js

I have embedded the button in the header which you see at 0.1 in your video and after scrolling it a bit I am repositioning this button to the bottom using JS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @FW2021 I’m afraid I’m still not quite clear on the issue. :( Is the issue that the form is expanding on the entirety of the page? If so, this is expected behavior of our forms on mobile.