Answered

Passing Opinion fields to Sheets

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve created a survey with opinion questions. Each opinion question has 2 fields followed by the range of response (i.e. 1 - 5).

I originally had the question (i.e. Is the Vision of your company documented?) in the 1st field followed by a definition in the 2nd (i.e. Vision is a high level desire for the company). The integration pulled the 1st field to Sheets. 

Because I’m using Document Studio to present a resulting .PDF, I wanted to have a simple column header/field name within Sheets (versus the long question as the header/field name).

Thinking that the integration pulled the 1st field, I then changed each question to the following:

• The 1st field is a category (i.e. Vision).
  • The 2nd field is the question (i.e. Is the Vision of your company documented?).

When the results are sent to Sheets, it still sends the longer question (2nd field) rather than the 1st field. I’d prefer to have the 1st field as I’m using that field name for my variable/integration with document studio.

Any explanation as to why the 2nd field is pulled? Is it because it ends with a question mark (?)?

Make sense?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 9 July 2022, 22:27

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RHG - the easiest way to do this with Google Sheets and Document studio is to create a second tab in the sheet for reporting and then put the simple field names/column headers on the second tab. 

using the arrayformula() function you can pull the data from the main integration with typeform tab to the reporting tab. and set your Document Studio integration to run from this reporting tab. 

that is how i do it for over 400 forms today. 

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you John. I read one of your prior posts where you helped with something similar to this. I was hoping Typeform would attribute it as a bug rather than us having to do workarounds. 

Thanks again for all you do and your help.

Rich

Userlevel 2
Badge

@john.desborough - so I got your suggestion to work.

Now I’m on the 2nd tab and want to perform a simple calculation (field x/60) in a new field every time a new record is added via Typeform. I then want to call this new field into Doc Studio (I’m using Slides).

If I use Arrayformula((w2:w)/60) for the column, it creates 0% data for the entire column W which creates 100’s of reports by Doc Studio.

Is there an easier way to perform the calculation and populate the field only when a new record is added so I don’t auto populate an entire column?

TYIA

Rich

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RHG - you might have to use a little more bit in your formula.. 

here is an example from one of my forms: 

=ArrayFormula(IF(ISBLANK($A$2:$A)," ",AVERAGE($E$2:$E)))

which basically says that if the cell is column A is blank, the show a blank cell otherwise do a calcculation

does that help??

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ll try. Thank you! 

I was going down a similar path with ISBLANK, just didn’t think about inserting a blank.

As always, thx.

R

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RHG - once you do a dozen or so of these you get this little collection of tricks! wait till you get to thinking about doing a vlookup in another spreadsheet with something that starts like this: 

=ARRAYFORMULA(ifna(VLOOKUP(A2:A,importrange("http … with the link to the other file.. and the rest of the code.. 

it gets easier.. 

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

Not me @john.desborough. My goal is to make enough money off the one I’m working on so you can do the ugly ones in the future. We both win!

Thanks for all your help. Stay tuned.