Question

Pop Up Embeed Form not Collecting Source

Hello,

I am creating a module in Hubspot and in the module I embed a Typeform as a pop up. However, when I am going to Hubspot, it doesn’t track the utm_source. Typeform and Hubspot are new to me, but I follow the documentation and I embed this way:

<button data-tf-popup="myID" data-tf-transitive-search-params="utm_source, utm_medium" data-tf-iframe-props="title=Quiz" data-tf-medium="snippet" data-tf-hidden="utm_source=xxxxx,utm_medium=xxxxx,hubspot_utk=xxxxx,hubspot_page_name=xxxxx,hubspot_page_url=xxxxx" style="all: unset;display: inline-block;max-width: 100%;white-space: nowrap;overflow: hidden;text-overflow: ellipsis;background-color: #ff4c2d;color: #FFFFFF;border-radius: 25px;padding: 0 33px;font-weight: bold;cursor: pointer;line-height: 50px;text-align: center; margin: 0;text-decoration: none;text-transform: uppercase;margin-top: 44px;font-size: 16px;">Take your test now</button>

<script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

Is it something wrong? In the utm_source=xxxxx should I write something instead of the x’s?

ps: In the data-tf-popup I have my formID.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Francisco Teofilo! 🙋‍♂️

Have you enabled utm_source and utm_medium in your typeform’s UTM tracking setting?

If so, your code looks like it should work!

Hi @andrew_videoask yes I enabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Francisco Teofilo Perhaps you can share some screenshots or a screen recording?

It would be helpful to better understand your workflow.

Hi @andrew_videoask here’s the screenshots of the steps I did. The form is working in the website however when I go to the contacts in hubspot I can’t see the source (is empty).

Step 1

Step 2 (Copied the Code)

Step 3 (Paste the Code in Hubspot)