Answered

Question Regarding Stripe Integration

• 10 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi, I’m building a website that will have a Typeform with a Stripe integration with a $100 payment. I’m working on implementing an affiliate system that will track that stripe purchase. I’m currently speaking with a SaaS that will help me build an affiliate system, but they wanted to get certain details below that I’m not sure how to find:

“If Typeform will be handling Stripe payments, their form needs to add metadata on the checkout data that they send to your Stripe. This metadata is a tracking ID that refers back to the affiliate. If they don't allow this, your alternative will be to use implement your own Stripe Checkout so that this tracking ID can be added to the checkout data.”

If anyone knows the answer to this it would be great, thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by Liz 10 January 2022, 16:40

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @gee Thanks for stopping by! I hope you’re having a great week so far. :grinning:

We don’t have an option to add custom meta information to the Stripe integration. Though, I’m happy to share this idea with our product team. 

If you have any other questions or suggestions, let us know!

Hi @Liz Thank you for the reply. Thats ok, is there currently any tool I can use to track affiliates for when a form with a stripe integration is paid/submitted in some way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @gee I don’t think we have any direct integration offhand that would track affiliate information that I know of, but tagging @kabir.mathur just in case I missed one.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @gee @liz. Unfortunately, I’m not aware of an integration that will help with this use case either.

Is there any info / timeline on this as a product improvement?
(I was unable to find any sort of public / transparent tracker for functionality requests.)

Note: Similar ask regarding categorization that @Liz responded to recently.

Leveraging Stripe’s metadata field opens a lot of possibilities for end users.

Having only a Form & Response ID is pretty limiting as it requires a lot of back-referencing to TypeForm responses which is a useless resource burn across the board.

We’d very much like to see this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SkySquad No, I’m afraid there is no timeline for this nor is it in the roadmap currently, but as always, if that changes, we’ll post an update here. 

Knowing it’s not planned is something to help us make decisions. Thank you for that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @SkySquad ! Let us know if we can help answer anything else. 😀