Answered

Random reference id for Contact Info questions.

• 4 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi!

We have Contact Info questions in our form and we want to map values by reference when we receive payload request on our API.
We edited reference values in Block references editor and most of references have correct value, but for Contact Info questions instead of edited value we are receiving random reference id.

{
"id": "mNE2dbi8wtm7",
"ref": "80a46384-c7fc-45d2-9df4-56ddf044f57a",
"type": "short_text",
"title": "First name",
"properties": {}
}, {
"id": "nbCsz2X9IKu1",
"ref": "b2f6ec8d-075f-4858-acfe-18eb8ed2ef3c",
"title": "Last name",
"properties": {}
}

Is there other way to edit reference for contact info?

Regards,

Nikola.

icon

Best answer by Liz 8 November 2022, 17:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nikola Have you published the changes to the form? 

Hi @Liz, yes we published changes multiple times.
Edit: we did few changes, and after we set question type to short_text, reference is correct:

{
"type": "text",
"text": "Armando Diego",
"field": {
"id": "1NIuXnSYquVx",
"ref": "name_80a46384-c7fc-45d2-9df4-56ddf044f57a"
}
},

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m asking our tech team about this, @nikola !

@Liz I didn’t see any reference on how to handle the new contact question in the API documentation. It seems that the contact info question is utilizing existing answer types and splitting the information into multiple items. So on submit it ignores any Block Reference you have set in the form and creates it’s own reference for each field. I need the block reference set for my app otherwise I can’t reference the information. I would expect the contact info information to be passed as one item in an array.

I’m also experiencing the same issue.  I don’t see any way to reference it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nikola Our tech team let me know that you can edit the reference ID for the block itself, but you’re not able to change the ref ID of each individual question on the Contact question. For now, it’s a feature request, but, until its added, you can use https://tf-edit-ref.glitch.me/ to edit the ref (the handy workaround provided by @picsoung !).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @richard m I added your post here where we have more information on this.