Answered

Refrence id for matrix

• 7 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I am curious to know if there is any chance I can change the reference id for the subsequent questions inside a matrix for an individual question instead of the block. I only get the option to change the reference id fore the particular block only. Please let me know if we get something on this.

icon

Best answer by mathio 7 February 2022, 17:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Tatsam I don’t believe we have any workarounds for adding reference IDs to the questions within the matrix block, but @picsoung or @mathio can you confirm? :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

While this is not possible in the builder, it might be possible via our Create API. I think @picsoung knows more, he might even have a working example at hand.

repeating a question that was asked a year ago here but left with a vague incomplete answer

is there any way in either the GUI or the API to specify references of items in a matrix question,

Ideally using the GUI to do this like is possible for all other question types 

TIA :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @low_static I’ve moved your post here so everything is in the same place. While we don’t have this feature, I can share the feedback with the product team. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, you can use the Create API to change refs of choices in any question with choices (eg. matrix or multiple choice):

1. retrieve your full form definition as JSON
  2. make changes to the JSON (edit ref values of each choice in your matrix question)
  3. update the form with PUT endpoint

Unfortunately, I dont think there is a GUI for that.