Answered

Respondent Identity using mailchimp

• 23 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I have an email list and I've seen answers on what to do if one has an email list to personalize the questionnaire using hidden fields, but my question is - when the respondent replies can I match his survey answers to his email, and if so, how is it done?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 24 February 2023, 04:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Macroman Yes, you can! This article here can walk you through how to send data from your Mailchimp account into your Typeform. 

If you get stuck at any part of the process, let us know! 

Thanks Liz, but unless I’m reading it wrong, it talks about the ability to use the clients first name in the survey or questionnaire but the article doesn’t really answer my question as to - when he responds, am I able to match his answers to his email address?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Macroman - if you have a hidden variable created in your form, to accept an incoming variable passed in the url string to the form, say you call it ‘v_email’, when you use the link that the Share funciton in typeform gives you, you will see that the name/value pair for your hidden field is added in the link. 

the only thing that you will need to do from the mailchimp side, is to replace the xxxxx string in the url with the Mailchimp placeholder name for the email address - that should automtically insert the email address in the url in place of the xxxxx string

once it is received in the typeform, you can display the email using the @recall function with the variable (@variable_name) 

that email address will be stored with the rest of the form data upon submission. 

does that help?

des