Answered

Sending Typeform Emails from Salesforce

• 29 October 2021
  • 6 replies

I see lots of examples of populating Typeform responses TO Salesforce.  I’m looking to send an Typeform email FROM Salesforce (I don’t need the data to be recorded in SF; I just need SF to send out a email with Typeform embedded).

Can I use a Typeform email code template with hidden fields in a Salesforece email template that I could trigger based on a SF case creation/close?

icon

Best answer by picsoung 30 October 2021, 02:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @bogdano2 Happy Friday! As long as the email editor in Salesforce allows for HTML/CSS to be embedded in their emails, there shouldn’t be any issue embedding a Typeform within the email. 

If you have any troubles embedding, please let us know!

Hi @Liz , Happy Friday to you!  so SF does allow HTML.  Now, I’m not sure how to pass customer’s contact email into Typeform’s hidden fields, I’ve defined...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @bogdano2 

To pass values from Salesforce to hidden fields you would have to use what they call merge fields I think.

It’s using it’s own notation but usually it relies on brackets and braces.

so you could change your link to be something like

https://form.typeform.com/myawesomeform?name={lead.name}&email={lead.email}

this is just an example you can adapt to Saleforce syntax and your own form 😉

Hi @picsoung ,  Thanks so much for your reply. That works great, but I was hoping to show the first question in the email itself.

This would make use of the ‘Launch in Email’ code from Typeform’s Share options.  This creates the HTML template such that my first question shows in the email (which will drive more responses).

So I’m not sure if/how  the Salesforce merge fields will work to replace the multiple hidden-field references in the HTML template created by Typeform. (I noticed 4 references for the same hidden-field for example). 

Does anyone know if and how I can I use the Salesforce merge fields to work in the HTML template itself? And if there’s any special characters to make it work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @bogdano2 
It should work fine.

sadly I don’t think we have snippets already formatted for Salesforce, but with a few trial and errors you should get to the expected results, I am confident :D

Hey @picsoung 

Thanks for you confidence! I did manage to get the SF merge fields to work with the embedded Typeform email template.

BUT... its now turning out to be way too much work to get it to look the way we need with our logo using Typeform’s logo/theming options. 

I’m currently looking at the Stripo.email tool to help with customizing the look. (It’s a tremendous help with making the Typeform email html template readable at the very least).

Long story short: It would be great to have Salesforce formatted snippets!

Is there a roadmap/feature submission method to make the request?