Stripe Payment Description

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I am new, I just integrated Stripe payment. When I get my payments report from Stripe, my typeform description comes across as a LONG code rather than a product name. Is there a way I can create my own description?  I was able to do that with Formsite but it’s not very user friendly here. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Liz 2 years ago

Hi @JustineO Some good news! There are planned improvements on the way. :grinning: The product team has to fix quite a few things in the backend in order for this to work, so it might be some time, but we’ll post updates as we have them here. 

View original

39 replies

@Liz this is a common knowledge that it should be treated as a bug in your system. Any company that are capable of charging customers must be able to input a reference information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Marnilyn . I’ll share this with the product team. 😁

I use typeform with stripe for all our orders, but when a customer disputes the charge stripe doesn't send me any information to track what can I add in my typeform to have the information come up in stripe

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sharon.Kramer I’ve added your post here where we have more information about our Stripe integration and the description. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sharon.Kramer 

In the metadata of the charge, you should see two things:

typeform_form_id and typeform_response_id

Using the response_id you should be able to find the corresponding response on Typeform.

On Typeform Results page, we also display the last 3 digits of the card used.

Hope this helps

Has there been any update on adding a product description from Typeform on Stripe transactions so we can tell how to determine charges and allocate to the correct events in accounting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mr. White Thanks for stopping by the community! I’ve added your post here so you can follow this post for any updates. 

Please please add this feature. I love Typeform, but not being able to categorize the payments makes for HOURS of extra work that’s so unnecessary. Put my vote in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@scharmo I’ll pass the vote along! 

Hi,

we also need this feature, please consider this need

Regards

@Liz Any update on this? We have created hundreds of typeforms utilizing the stripe payment question, but as many commenters have alluded to, it causes a massive administrative bottleneck for us to have to manually go compare charges in stripe to responses in typeform, so much so that our third-party auditors (we are a nonprofit) are advising us to ditch typeform as we are introducing human error into the equation (which we would really don’t want to do as it’s otherwise a great product for us). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sw1822 I don’t at the moment, but I’ve asked the product team again. They’re out until next week for a public holiday in Spain, but if I do hear anything otherwise, I’ll let you know!

Random characters in the Product Description between the Typeform/Stripe integration is also an issue for our accounting team and the main reason our school doesn’t fully migrate to Typeform. We would have upgraded our account to Business Plan a long time ago if this was fixed. I hope the Dev team fixes this issue soon.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Although I am not sure I can believe that this thread has been going for over two years without any update regarding the Typeform / Stripe descriptor issue but this gets my vote for an update - its a real pain and not the same with other services that I use Stripe with.