Answered

Track Typeform Submission In Google Ads

• 29 May 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

I would like Google ads to count a conversion as when someone submits my linked Typeform.

I found the following article on Tag Manager, but when it comes to properly setting up the tag for Typeform submissions in Google, it only links to Google’s instructions, which do not specifically explain how to set up a tag for Typeform submissions.

https://www.typeform.com/help/a/add-google-tag-manager-to-a-typeform-360029583611/

Would anyone be able to provide specific instructions for properly setting up a tag in Google Tag Manager that will be triggered by a typeform submission and count a conversion in Google ads?

Separately, I have already set up Typeform tracking in Google Analytics using the following article. Am I able to use this tracking to track Typeform submissions in Google ads? Or is there a reason I need Tag Manager to do it?

https://www.typeform.com/help/a/integrate-your-typeform-with-google-analytics-360029251312/

icon

Best answer by Liz 1 June 2022, 20:49

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @armun Apologies for the delay! I reached out to our tech team on this one, and while we don’t have a specific video for Google Ads (as it really depends on your ad setup and what else you’re tracking), our tech team does have this video. Hopefully this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Liz thanks so much for getting back!

Unfortunately this video doesn’t quite clear things up. Would it be possible for me to request that the support team make a video specifically for tracking Typeform submissions as a goal in a Google Ads campaign? Or would you be able to recommend anyone for me to talk to for more specific guidance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @armun I would definitely suggest reaching out to the tech team directly here. They can get a better idea of what you have setup and what you’re looking to track in Google Ads. One thing to note is that you may need to contact Google Ads for support specifically in setting up those triggers since they’ll have direct access to your account. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Liz much appreciated, will do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Make sure to let us know when they get back to you and what they say, @armun! 😉 Hope you have a good day! 

@armun Did you ever get to the bottom of it? I’ve spent hours trying to figure out how to do it.

Badge

Hey @armun @Liz was this one ever answered?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Tagging @armun again to see if he has any updates for you, @intersections !