Answered

Tracking who has answered through Intercom email

• 15 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi, I’d like to send out a survey via email, through Intercom with the goal to see exactly who and what they have answered. I get the tracking working if I send through Intercom messenger but not through email.

So basically I want to paste a link in an Intercom email that automatically pulls the receivers ID (in Intercom) and adds it to the link. Is this possible?

I’ve looked at this thread

but that doesn’t seem to help.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by picsoung 19 June 2021, 00:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Seba 

You should add a hidden field that will be populated with the ID of your respondents.

When you click “Launch in an email” in your typeform share page, you will see you can add a value to each one of your hidden fields. You can use a variable to populate it.

Currently we support the following formats of variables:

• iterable {xxxxx}
  • mailchimp *|xxxxx|*
  • marketo {{xxxxx}}
  • braze ${xxxxx}
  • salesforce {!xxxxx}
  • activecampaign %xxxxx%

If your email tool is not on the list but uses one of formats listed above you can use it.

Populating the variable with correct value for each recipient needs to be handled by the service that is sending the email.

Thank you @mathio , this does not seem to work with Intercom but I’ll doublecheck with them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I have no experience with Intercom, but based on their help doc here, it looks like they are using {{xxx}} format for variables (which we support).

Thanks again, didn’t help but I’ve reached out to Intercom support. Maybe they can help!

This is the answer from Intercom regarding this issue, for your information:

I've check above with the team about getting the link through email, but I'm afraid it's not currently available. As the Typeform app was built by them in app our store, I would recommend reaching out to their support team with your suggestion as they will be able to better assist you and run through the app capabilities within Intercom.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Seba 

I built the Intercom integration so maybe I can help you out.
Because apps are not supported in Intercom emails you would have to make your own connection.
You could add a link and pass variables as hidden fields, and using the Intercom syntax for merge fields (similar to what Matej shared for other platforms).

Let us know if you are not able to make progress