Answered

Transfer information from Typeform to Hubspot Deal

• 13 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I already set up my Lead-Typeform to integrate with Hubspot and create a new contact. 
I also set up Zapier to create a new deal when the form has been sent.

My problem now is, that I don’t have the Deal information from the Typeform within the deal.

At the moment, I receive the mail from Typeform with the answers, forward it to Hubspot so I see the answers and can link it to the contact and the deal.

But this shouldn’t be a manual process…

Is there a solution I’m not aware of?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Michaela 14 May 2021, 10:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Maximilian Hello! :grin: Welcome to the community!

Our native integration only creates new contacts in Hubspot, but you could use a zap like this one to send the information over as a deal. 

Integromat also has some cool features that could do this as well, I’m sure, that @Michaela may have better knowledge on!

Would that work for you? :smiley:

Hi @Liz 

Thanks for the reply. I already use the Zap to create a deal, but it does not transfer all the answers from the form into the deal information. I manually need to forward the Typeform mail and also need to change the sender so it get’s connected to the contact at least. 

I’ll take a look at Integromat, but it seems odd to me, that a “native” form integration with a CRM system is not able to provide all the information collected…

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey guys, hope everyone’s having a great Friday! :blush:

Hi @Maximilian, welcome to this lovely community!

So I checked it out and we actually have a pre-made template on Integromat that lets you create new records from Typeform submissions. 

In the HubSpot module, you select what type of record you want to create in HubSpot

The module also asks you what type of info you want to collect 

And you then get to map the info you’re collecting from the previous Typeform module:

I believe this could solve your issues :nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks great news @Michaela 

des

Thanks @Michaela for the detailed and fast feedback!

Looks great and I‘ll try.

Userlevel 1

@Maximilian Hi, just wanted to share a possible solution for you (two years later...)

What I do to match to deals with a Typeform connection is use the Deal’s “Record ID.”  For whatever reason the Deals.hs_object_id property is not accessible by Typeform’s Hubspot app integration, but I use a workaround:

1. In Hubspot I have created an Automation > Workflow to copy the Deal’s Record ID value to a custom property when a record is created or merged
    1. e.g. I made a property called, “Typeform deal id” configured as a “single line text” property (rather than an integer).
      1. This might be overly cautious, but the deal id’s are large numbers and pewters get weird with big math comparisons.
    2. Note: Hubspot pricing tiers - this is not available on the free plan and comes w/ABM (Account Based Marketing) tools on the Pro sales plan, however, this is something you could configure w/Zapier, Make, etc.
    3. One caveat - if you merge records, you’l need to update the resulting value as tthey may not match (depending on the merge precedence.
  2. I use this value to find a matching deal via the Typeform connection (see pics) for updates based on the form responses.
  3. The respondents are clients and we send them Hubspot emails with embedded buttons that have links to the survey using query parameters for delivering the Deal ID (see pic)
    1. e.g. https://yourorg.typeform.com/typeformsurvey#hubspot_deal_id={{personalization_token('deal.hs_object_id')}}
  4. The form is structured to access the query parameter as a hidden field.
    1. If you do not have these Hubspot features, you can of course, manually construct the URL and deliver the links to the specific clients.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh wow, thanks so much for sharing this, @mixelpix !

Userlevel 1

You are very welcome, @Liz 🙂