Answered

Typeform connection with Hubspot

• 21 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I currently use a Typeform for collecting information from existing clients, with the intention of updating their details at the company level in HubSpot. The matching process relies on the individual's email address, and a subsequent check is performed on the company domain to avoid creating a new account in HubSpot as one already exists.

However, there are instances where individuals might use a different domain than the one registered in HubSpot. This results in the creation of a new company in HubSpot, causing issues with certain automation processes.

Is it possible to match only the email address from the contact and have the provided information on the company level directly update the associated primary company without creating a new one?

If not, would adding multiple domains to the company in HubSpot, separated by commas, allow Typeform to identify the one aligned with the one provided in the form and prevent the creation of a duplicate?

icon

Best answer by Grace 22 November 2023, 12:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Gittevdv welcome to the community 😊

If you have set up the integration to check for email and company then if the email matches but the company doesn't a new account will be created.

And if you are creating companies using the integration, you should be able to select update existing companies using only email during the mapping process:

The company name field will also be passed, but it won't be checking if it's the same or not.

I think if you want to dive deeper into the integration it might be worth reaching out to our Technical support team here so they take a look at your setup and advise you further on this one 😊

Thanks Grace. What does Hubspot Owner Email mean though - is that connected to the person contact associated with the company that fills in this form? 

I’ll reach out to the Techncial Support team as well! Thanks again! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Gittevdv I believe it means it will check what email addresses you already have in Hubspot that are connected with the company.

Let us know how you get on with the tech support team 😊