Answered

Typeform Intergration with Google Sheets: Form has the same name as sheet and vice versa?

Badge

Hello Typeform users, I am having an issue with my Google Sheet Integration. After the toggle refuses to stay on, I have deleted the integration in hopes to reconnect them. To my surprise an error saying my sheet has the same name as the form. I have changed the name on the sheet, the form, and individual tabs but still the same error. Anyone else faced this and resolved it?

Attached is the screenshot reference of said error.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Mariana 11 May 2021, 10:12

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @J with the E. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging:

If the sheet and the form has the same name, it's expected the integration won't work. If you have changed it, can you also make sure you've published the form again? 

Let me know if this works! =)

Badge

Hello Mariana,

The names of the sheet and the form are both different, they have been published and tested again but still the same error appears.

Attached is a screenshot reference of what the names of my sheet and typeform are respectively.

Thank you!

Badge

Hello Typeform team,

I’d like to thank Mariana and Nick from the team for reaching out to me with solutions and clear directions:

1. Publish changes made to the form
  2. Activate integration with existing sheet
  3. Ensure no Tab names were the same as the Form’s name

I have done the following but find another error. A new empty tab will appear in my sheet (refer to image), and this error (refer to image 2) appears as well. Kindly advise on this, please and thank you!

Image 1
Image 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @J with the E I moved your post here to help make it easier to follow! 

Would you mind changing the name of the sheet to a totally different name to see if this helps with the issue? Thanks in advance!

Badge

Hello @Liz , I’ve tried renaming again. Still the same errors (Image 1 & 2 from the post above).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @J with the E Does this happen to be a sheet you previously connected with? If so, can you try with a brand new document? 

Badge

Hello @Liz , yes it was a working integration before this. I tried with a new sheet and it works. Uncertain as to why it won’t work with the existing one. It happened overnight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@J with the E - from a fellow user .. potentially from a Windows update?? yeah, that’s the ticket… blame it on Windows updates… actually i have run into instances where connections to other Google Sheet connections to other software - not Typeform - have had to be re-set in this fashion after a Windows update… something got pfaffed in the registry said Windows support. 

Now if you are on Apple my theory is blown all to hell.. 

cheers

des

Badge

Hello @john.desborough , thank you for the heads up. I am using a Windows and there was an update recently, however the sheet is shared across multiple people using it and it was the same result for them. Not a tech-savvy person but is that possible for a windows update to affect everyone using the same sheet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@J with the E - if everyone got the same update it might be possible. Can’t say for certain myself that this is the cause but i have noted my coffee consumption and my urge to be a curmudgeon and complain at my computer goes up after every Windows update. maybe not cause and effect but consequences?? 

I am glad to hear/see that you were able to get it working with a new sheet though.

cheers

des