Answered

Typeform to Hubspot Hidden Fields for Lead Source and Contact Owner

• 17 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I can’t find an answer to this specific use case for hidden fields. We want to link to a Typeform on our website to contact an expert. In that form, we are asking basic things like First Name, Last Name, Email, etc. and I have mapped all those answers to properties within Hubspot.

The challenge is I want certain data added to Hubspot that does not come directly from an answered question. For instance, we want our custom Lead Source property to be updated to “Website” for all new contacts added through this form without overriding data in this field for contacts that fill out the form who are already in the system. We also want all contacts added to Hubspot through this form to be automatically assigned to a specific rep as the contact owner. Obviously, I will not be asking these questions in the form but I still want that data to be added to Hubspot. It seems like Hidden Fields is the answer, but I haven’t seen this use case anywhere.

Can someone help guide me on how to get this set up?

icon

Best answer by Liz 18 August 2023, 04:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DrakeLivepeer I think you could use workflows to update this information. For example, the workflow could be triggered by the form being filled out and then updating a field. Would something like this work for you? Happy to explore this more if so!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @DrakeLivepeer how’s it going? Did Liz’s workflow suggestion work for you? Let us know if you still need some help 😊