Answered

Email Embed VideoAsk

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey Videoask peeps!

Question for you – I want to embed/link a videoask into my welcome email sequence in Flodesk (my ESP), does anyone know if this is possible? 

Saw the guide for partial embed in gmail etc but I want it automated as part of my mailing list onboarding campaign. I think this may be a limitation at Flodesk’s end as they have a video URL block in their email creator but not an embed option… Just thought I’d check in case one of you managed to conquer this little challenge already 😅

TIA!

icon

Best answer by Grace 5 October 2021, 09:05

View original

10 replies

Badge +5

Hey @belinda_long . I created a new conversation/question on your behalf! Easier for the VideoAsk team to spot it cc @Maya @Grace 🤓

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @belinda_long great question!

Most email marketing tools don’t allow a complete embed, but you may be able to use the partial embed option we have which generates an animated gif in the body of the email to catch the attention of the recipient, however, the videoask still needs to open in a new browser page to be interacted with.

We’ve not heard of a work around for Flodesk (yet!) do you think it could work to use the partial embed and send to multiple people for your onboarding campaign? In this help center article we have an example of how it can work in mailchimp which may be transferable to Flodesk :fingers_crossed:

Hopefully this helps but let us know if you have any other questions!

Grace

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks for linking my question! @Gabriel 

Cheers for that info @Grace ! So, it doesn’t look like Flodesk offers any embed block option within the email body at all & if I copy and paste the embed code into the body of the email it just sits there like a bunch of code 😭

At this point the best I can come up with is to use the “reply to me” button to link to my videoask URL which opens in another window with my videoask welcome video and the three options to reply via videoask, audio or text. But, don’t worry, I’m determined, haha I’ll get in touch with Flodesk & see what workaround they can come up with.

Will keep you all posted 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’ll also add this as an integrations request, let us know if Flodesk have any good ideas! :bulb:

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Fantastic, thank you! @Grace 

Userlevel 1

@belinda_long Hey there! Just came across this thread, as I’m having the same issue with Flodesk/VideoAsk embed integration -- wondered if you had heard anything back from Flodesk regarding this? Would love any insight you’ve found! Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@belinda_long Hey there! Just came across this thread, as I’m having the same issue with Flodesk/VideoAsk embed integration -- wondered if you had heard anything back from Flodesk regarding this? Would love any insight you’ve found! Thanks!

Hey Amanda! Yeah, so basically it was a “no can do” from Flodesk (for the moment).

They are still pretty early in their start-up journey and have been rolling out some solid features and updates of late so hopefully an embed option comes along soon! 🙏🏼

In the meantime, I have been using a video still with a play button & using it as an image with a clickable link through to the active videoask page (see example screenshot below). 

The visual component helps to prompt people to click through and interact with the videoask to ask questions and engage ;) 

Hope this helps! I’ll be sure to come back to this post once I discover a solid solution ⚡️

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Ps. @Amanda Walls the play button graphic + text I created in Canva , took about 2 mins ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oooh thanks for sharing your workaround @belinda_long hope Flodesk can get an embed on the go soon but in the meantime this looks like a pretty smooth alternative! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the response @belinda_long! I actually ended up doing the same thing. :)