Answered

VideoAsk Link to share

• 18 October 2023
  • 8 replies

I have an online health and coaching platform for women. I'm looking into integrating videoask but have the following needs

1. customer can submit her videoask and get a link of her submission which she can view without logging in to videoask

2. We pass her name and email from our react app without she having to enter

3. All conversations between coach and customer via videoask is neatly threaded within our application

Optional; 

4. We can do a JS call back to send these links via our chat support tool (crisp) 

I have looked through the Dev hub but not sure if above is possible. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Grace 19 October 2023, 10:43

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Moonrisemahesh welcome to the community!

I think you can probably do most of this, you might need to use some webhook and API magic but here are some additional resources that might help with some of the set up.

We have this guide that @andrew_videoask created on how to send a follow up email to a respondent:

This could help with sharing the response back to them so they can see the answers they submitted.

If you already know the contact information of the person answering your videoask you can use variables to pass that info to the videoask so they don’t need to fill out the contact form, check out this Help Center article to learn about variables.

For the final couple of points, do you want to embed VideoAsk into your dashboard in some way? You might want to check out this article too, going to tag @andrew_videoask to see if he has any other ideas on this bit! 

Hey @Grace this is brilliant.

I believe I can do point 1 and 3 from my questions with the zap that Andrew made, right? I presume I can share the threading and it triggers each time there is a response. Can I pass the variables of name/email with a react app too?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Moonrisemahesh I’m not sure if Zapier could handle all of it, I think it depends how you want to be viewing the conversation in your dashboard.

You might also want to store each user and the links to responses in your own database, you could use webhooks to save responses as they come in. 

Thanks @Grace Do you have any webhooks docs?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hopefully this article can help get you started @Moonrisemahesh. Let us know how you get on!

Amazing, thank you!

Hey @grace

1 more question: is it possible when we click on reply to a videoask to do a screenshare reply instead of a classic full video?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Moonrisemahesh yep, you have to select the reply by video option and then at the top of the screen you will see an option to screen share instead of filming yourself.

https://www.videoask.com/help/video-audio/360043449452-record-your-screen-with-videoask