Answered

What causes a contact to "update" in video ask

• 4 May 2023
  • 2 replies

this may be a very silly question but from all my searching both here and in the documentation I cant find an answer, I’m taking the json from a webhook and doing some processing of it, ideally I can get the time that a user started filling out the feedback form and the time they finished

by the looks of things the “x.contact.created_at” path will tell me when the survey was opened but I have no clue what would cause an “update”/ change the “updated_at” value. Everything I can find shows how to manually update a contact but these forms are just feedback forms. According to the documentation:

“Contacts get created on each page load of the videoask. All the answers in the session will get associated with the same contact. However, if the person refreshes the page and answers the same videoask multiple times, then different contacts will be created.”

so I don’t understand how with no manual input from the author a contact could be updated
like I said this is probably a very silly question and I’m missing something obvious but thanks in advance 
Cheers

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 4 May 2023, 21:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LRF This is a really great question. 

@andrew_videoask or @Grace might know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LRF

I’d use the created_at fields under the answer object in the webhook delivery.

This will give you the timestamp for when a respondent answered each step. So you can subtract the last question created_at time from the first question created_at time.