Answered

Not receiving notification emails

• 8 December 2021
  • 24 replies

I am not recieving any email notifcations when someone fills in one of my forms. Not sure how to fix this as I don’t remember unsubscribing to anything and I still recieve emails advertising from Typeform.

Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by VikingCoach 9 December 2021, 13:01

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @VikingCoach Happy Wednesday! Do you have changes to the form that need to be published? If so, publishing those changes usually solves this kind of issue!

Just tried this but still nothing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@VikingCoach - can you show a screen shot of how you have set up your email notification in your form please and thanks?

that will help us troubleshoot

I don’t even know how to do that. When I set up my forms it seemed to automatically send me notifications when someone filled it in.

I’ve missed 2 potential clients already!

So I think I’ve figured it out! 

Somehow the notifications had been turned off, even though I didn’t actually turn it off.

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I get emails about my actions, but not about what someone has filled out. I think padding is regulated in my workspace.

I’m also have this trouble, and sadly it hasn’t just ‘figured itself out’ lol. I definitely have it turned on as the toggle is blue. Strangely, this issue is affective ALL our forms. I made a correction to one of our forms to change the email address to a different email. If I log out, and log back in, the new email address is there, however we’re still getting notifications to our old email? If I create a new form and put in any email address, we don’t get any notifications. 

It’s as if the field itself is stuck and not working at all, but historically using old data for old forms? Any helps would really be appreciated. 

Sorry replied above to the comment and not in the thread 🤦‍♂️

’m also have this trouble, and sadly it hasn’t just ‘figured itself out’ lol. I definitely have it turned on as the toggle is blue. Strangely, this issue is affective ALL our forms. I made a correction to one of our forms to change the email address to a different email. If I log out, and log back in, the new email address is there, however we’re still getting notifications to our old email? If I create a new form and put in any email address, we don’t get any notifications. 

It’s as if the field itself is stuck and not working at all, but historically using old data for old forms? Any helps would really be appreciated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Graeme_miller Are the changes to your form published? If not, you’ll first want to publish the changes to your form. 

Hello Liz,

yes they are as I thought the same. A helpful box then pops up reminding me that typeform automatically saves. 

Hello, I am in the same boat. I am not getting any Typeforms and the notifications are turned on. Any suggestions? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Graeme_miller While typeform automatically saves changes, you’ll still need to click the publish button for those changes to go live. If the publish button is black (instead of gray), then it means that some changes need to be published still. 

@Mcopp are the changes to your form also published? 

Yes, I didn’t make any changes we just realized that we haven’t received a Typeform since 01/14/2022

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mcopp are you saying that you haven’t received any form submissions since the 14th? Or notifications? Could you send a screenshot of your notifications? 

Additionally, it might be worth reaching out to our support team here to have them check to see if the email has been unsubscribed from notifications. 

Hello @Liz  yes, I have not received any form submissions since the 14th. Yes, here is the screenshot. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mcopp If you’ve got that turned on and the changes to the form are published, you’ll want to reach out to our support team here to have them check to see if the email has been unsubscribed from notifications. 

Let us know once you've gotten ahold of them!

Hello

We are having big problems in receiving email notifications when a Typeform is completed. Everything was perfectly fine for years and a month ago during holiday season, all email notifications stopped. We lost a hundred of typeform requests.

I did the test yesterday with another email address. I worked yesterday, we received them. But today it is not working anymore again with the other email address. 

We whitelisted the email notification@typeform. everywhere. 

Our provider is ionos. We don’t know what is happening ! Our developer doesn’t know as well. 

What should we do ? 

Thank you for your answer...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Clems I added your post here where we have possible solutions for you. 😀

I am not receiving email notifications. Double checked and notifications are enabled and the email address is correct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @bendthebarman I’ve added your post here where we have possible solutions. 😀

I also had a form that was not sending email notifications anymore and the switch was turned off. So it seems this gets turned off when there is an unpublished update to the form (as we did have the Publish button showing there was such an unpublished update).

As a software developer  I have to tell you this makes zero sense. Why would you not want email notifications anymore if you have an unpublished update? There is zero correlation between both. Pls inform the development team to change this. Email notifications should be left on unless explicitly turned off.

It is clear from the many reports on this page this is an issue affecting many.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TechGuy007 Changing content in the form or having unpublished changes will not automatically switch the notifications off. 

Can you be sure that the notifications are turned on and the form is published

Hi, yes to both and I now receive email notifications. Last week, after I had received several forms without notifications, I noticed that the switch was turned off. I never switched it off before though. So either there was some Typeform update that switched it off, or it was me doing an unpublished update on a published form that had switched it off, or it was a change from paid to free plan that did it (as I switched to free plan weeks ago).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear it’s working again, @TechGuy007 ! If you do notice the notifications stop working, let us know.