Webinar: How to Write Effective Surveys – with Bellini Slushie

Webinar: How to Write Effective Surveys – with Bellini Slushie
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy Friday, gang!

Hope you had a nice week. For me the highlight of the week came yesterday when we were lucky enough to be schooled by user research experts Ali and Tzeying from Bellini Slushie on how to write effective surveys. 🤓  

If you missed the webinar don't panic, we remembered to press the record button – you can check out the full webinar below, and grab a copy of the slide deck here.

If you were there, thanks very much for coming. I hope you learned something (my hunch is that you definitely did because the presentation was rammed full of great insights). Here’s your chance to go back and unpick those survey-writing nuggets: 

To summarise what Ali and Tzeying covered off in this almighty advice fest:

• How to create survey outlines to hit your objectives

• Mapping questions to your goals

• Overcoming question bias to get accurate answers

• When to use open-ended questions

• How to test surveys before running them to avoid expensive mistakes

Thanks to those of you who asked great questions. And thanks to Ali and Tzeying who were happy to be put on the spot and answer them 😛 They handled some interesting posers about topics such as phrasing questions, surveys for concept validation, and making surveys inclusive. Check out @Mirandaparr ‘s awesome blog article about how they built it, too.

🗣️ Let us know what you thought of the webinar in this short survey. Be honest – we'd love to know how useful it was and what other topics and events you'd be interested in hearing about in the future. We're well up for doing more stuff like this so just let us know what would help you.

Feel free to use the comments below to ask any follow up questions or share your own survey tips. Together we’ll get to the bottom of things once and for all 🔎

Finally, I do doth my cap once more to Ali and Tzeying for taking time out to put this together and presenting all this in such a clear and fun way! Do go check out their survey question bank, it's a great compliment to Typeform for crafting surveys that give you meaningful results.

Have a great weekend!

James

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - am looking forward to this one! I won’t even sit at the back of the class like i usually do…

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Same! Can’t wait!!

Sd mood

The mishaps of living on the other side of the world...:expressionless:
I think I'll have to watch the video later, when I'm awake:sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James - am looking forward to this one! I won’t even sit at the back of the class like i usually do…

cheers

Glad to hear it @john.desborough ! Make sure you throw your gum away and sit up straight this time

The mishaps of living on the other side of the world...:expressionless:
I think I'll have to watch the video later, when I'm awake:sweat_smile:

Sorry @Paulo  :pray: We try to cater for all time zones but obviously it’s hard to find a suitable time for everyone (damn this spherical planet of ours). We’ll share the recording out here once we’re done and if you have any follow up questions I’m sure Ali and Tzeying would be happy to answer here on the community afterwards :) 

@James Thank you! Now I have a reason (or an excuse) to move to Barcelona:joy:
Looking forward to the recording!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - yes dear!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This webinar is going to be LEGEN - Wait for it - DARY! 

america wait GIF

Ali and Tzeying are incredible! I’m sure they’ll bring precious tips for all of us! :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I was sitting front and centre and it was a fabulous discussion.. some really great ideas and tips here. 

thank you Ali/Tzeying! 

you too @James 

I wasn’t able to log in.  Is there a recording of this talk that I could watch please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I wasn’t able to log in.  Is there a recording of this talk that I could watch please?

Hey @NickyD yes! The recording will be posted up here tomorrow. I’ll ping you in a comment once it’s live :D

Sorry you couldn’t make it live, was it an issue with the Hopin platform?

That is great news, thank you @James.  It wasn’t a problem with the Hopin platform, more the monkey trying to use it ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That is great news, thank you @James.  It wasn’t a problem with the Hopin platform, more the monkey trying to use it ;-)

:joy: It’s definitely that kind of week, I swear! It took me a few moments to get logged into it, and it wasn’t a Hopin problem, it was a me problem. 

This webinar was really great!! Thank you Bellini Slushie!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@NickyD @Liz consider yourself lucky you’re not this monkey who had to operate the bloody thing and remember to not press the “cut everybody off” button :see_no_evil:  Anyway, the recording is up now. Hope you find it useful!

@Paulo pinging you too as you were probably slumbering when we were live.

Let us know what you think and if there’s something you particularly would like us to cover in future events like this :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I was sitting front and centre and it was a fabulous discussion.. some really great ideas and tips here. 

thank you Ali/Tzeying! 

you too @James 

Glad to hear you dug it @john.desborough . I whole-heartedly agree :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The webinar was a huge success! :sunglasses:

Thanks for everything @James and to everyone else that participated!!! 

I'm looking forward to the next one! Maybe the topic could be: "Learn how to run amazing webinars on Hopin with @James"! Hahaha… Such a pro!). 

@James Thank you! I can’t wait to watch:smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @belinda_long! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :heart_eyes:

I saw that you joined us here after the webinar. I just wanted to let you know that the recording and the presentation are already available here! 

It'd also be nice to "e-introduce" you to some of our most amazing members such as @john.desborough, @Paulo and @vickioneill! They’re Typeform pros and are always here spreading good energies and interesting ideas here! :star2:

Belinda has been using Typeform to help females that want to leave the corporate world to become entrepreneurs! You go, girl! :heart_eyes: