Answered

First Question Embed in email is overspilling out of main email body

• 21 April 2021
  • 7 replies

We have opted for the first quesiton email embed (opinion scale) and when we copy the code into the email it works fine for mac users and on mobile, but when opened in outlook the first question is super wide and spilling out of the main email body container. 

There is no reason for it to do this as the text can easily fit onto the email. It seems to be more a case of the background being the issue? It has repeated 3 times width-ways. I have some html/css knowledge and even when editing background-repeat to ‘background-repeat: no-repeat;’ I’m still having the issue.

I’m using HubSpot for the email creation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

David

icon

Best answer by Liz 12 May 2021, 21:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@DavidTay - this comes from a user: 

this help article talks about Outlook and email questions.. not sure if it will help but Outlook does not seem to be supported (per the article) 

https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029664091-Launch-your-typeform-from-an-email

@Liz @Mariana from Typeform may have better news.. 

des

Thanks @john.desborough , but unfortunately I’ve already read that article but I believe I’m already following the steps.

I have previously used an email embed and it worked fine. Not sure if something has changed recently that may have affected this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

hope that the good folks from Typeform can provide answer.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DavidTay would you mind sharing a screenshot? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DavidTay hope you’re doing well over there! A bit delayed, but my colleague @Ylli found a fix for this that may help you or anyone that happens upon the same issue. I made a video below to walk you through the fix for this. Hope that helps!

Thanks @Liz,

I have tried the above suggestion but it still hasn’t fixed my email. Below is how my email currently looks. I have tried making the background-repeat: no-repeat; but even that doesn’t stop it showing as below.

Thanks

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DavidTay Oh that’s funky. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of how you’re adding the code in?