Answered

form not displaying on phone

• 16 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi, I was so excited to finally embed my first form on my Wordpress divi site. I’m assuming it works on desktop because I have received 2 submissions BUT on my phone, when I click the first question, the whole form disappears!

Screenshot showing the form 

icon

Best answer by KarenB 26 February 2022, 04:46

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’d hoped to upload a screen recording from my phone, but it won’t let me. You can see the problem if you look at the site on a phone (it’s fine on PC). https://notmycloset.com/facebook-join-request/v

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @KarenB! How are you doing today?

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. :disappointed: I've passed on your case to our technical team. They will look into it and get back to you so we can make sure your beautiful form will be working on mobile as well. 

I'll keep you posted here! I hope we can solve this as soon as possible. 

Sending you a virtual hug! :hugging:

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks for that. I was disappointed when I realised it was happening because I’m thinking that Typeform is going to be great for me. I’ll probably change my email provider to ConvertKit to get the better integration, too (I’m currently with MailerLite) and it should all work super well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I understand, @KarenB! Now, you'd just have to wait until our tech team solve that for you. I'm sure Typeform will be great for you and if it depends on our Community and Support, you'll have an incredible experience! :heart_eyes:  

I know you already talked to @Michaela about integrating Typeform with MailerLite via Integromat, but have you talk to her about ConvertKit as well? Just wondering if she has any input about that! :wink:

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks for your comment, @Gabi Amaral  Part of the reason I’m considering switching to ConvertKit is because the native integration with TypeForm probably doesn’t require Integromat (because it allows responses to be mapped to different tags etc) but there are a few other reasons as well.

If I do stick with MailerLite, I’ll go with the Integromat option, I think!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KarenB Did you end up hearing back from our support team? Let us know if they helped solved the issue!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Yes they did and I’ve just replied to their email, thanks! 

I still don’t understand the situation fully but someone in a Divi group gave me a piece of global CSS code to add to my site, which seems to have rectified the situation. (My global footer and header elements are set to auto, so apparently they shouldn’t cause a problem but either way, this code seems to be working the trick, so I’ll try again with another form soon)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh! Well that’s good to know, @KarenB . Thanks for sharing! I use Divi for my own site and didn’t realize a code like that would help. 

If you don’t mind sharing the code in case anyone else has the issue, that would be wonderful!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Oh! Well that’s good to know, @KarenB . Thanks for sharing! I use Divi for my own site and didn’t realize a code like that would help. 

If you don’t mind sharing the code in case anyone else has the issue, that would be wonderful!

Sure.  This is the information someone shared with me: 

“It's not the z-index of the header or footer that's causing the problem. The z-index of the header and footer is set to "auto", which means it will be less than 10000. 

It's the z-index of the code module used to embed your form and the z-index of the inner content container containing that module that are set too low by Divi. You could try just putting that CSS in the Custom CSS area of Theme Options and see what happens.”

This sounded like it might work, because I didn’t want to have to add code for each page. I added it to the Divi theme options and the form now shows correctly on my mobile phone! This is the code:

.et_builder_inner_content,

.et_pb_fullwidth_code.et_pb_module {

z-index: auto;

}

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, thank you so much, @KarenB !! This is really helpful. :sunglasses: