Answered

Possible to send user their end screen in Outcome Quiz?

• 15 February 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

In an Outcome Quiz, is there a way to send a link to the user’s end screen to them via email (I am using Active Campaign via Zapier, not the native Typeform email). However, I have a video embedded in the end screen, so what would work best is a link to the end results to be able to pop into an email to send them.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 February 2023, 00:14

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SmallBiz Sidekick Have you taken a look at the post below? It walks through a solution another company did that you should also be able to do!

In your case, you won’t need to use the webhook portion, but instead, you would just set filters on the outcome data you’re sending into Zapier, so long as you’re using an outcome quiz. If you’re not using an outcome quiz, the ending screen data won’t send. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you @Liz ! I will check it out

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let me know how it goes and if you get stuck anywhere in setting it up, @SmallBiz Sidekick !

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Liz thanks again for the help! I want to make sure I am understanding correctly: is the solution from the Locus.ly Workspace Invaders case study (very cool btw) basically creating a workaround using a Lookup Table and sending the link to another page that has been built with the same info as the ending screen (in their. case a separate PDF)? (ie, you can’t send a link directly to the Typeform ending screen as it is?)

Also, without the webhook, how can you find the Lookup ID in Typeform for each of the outcomes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SmallBiz Sidekick Yes, that’s the quick version of it since it isn’t possible to send the end screen directly in an email. Though, I really like their solution because you can add more content/links to a PDF or an email whereas the end screen is a bit limited in the information. 

I made a video here to walk you through the Zapier setup and a bit more into why I think you should send the ending screen from your email service provider anyway: 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Wow @Liz - thank you for making the video! That was very generous with your time :)

Ok, so yes I get the basic concept, and that makes total sense. I already have a zap set up with a ctiv Campaign tags and welcome sequence for anyone who provided an email address, segmenting and giving them additional info, which is great.

However - I spent a lot of time on my ending screen and I incorporated a videoask in two of them - so it’s not exactly re-creatable in a PDF. I’ll have to build another (hidden) page in my website… which is kind of annoying, considering I’ve already built 4 of them in typeform. 

Also, I don’t require email addresses to get results (best practices as an email marketer and all that. It’s not exactly freely giving someone info if I require them to give me their email address...). However, I had someone close out of the end screen too early and she asked if I could just resend that page. SO it would be great to just have a direct link to that page, in which case having the separate built-out page would be great.

On that note, 2 follow up questions for you:

1. Can I use an outcome Quiz to redirect to 4 different urls instead of 4 different End Screens? Or is the logic more complex?
  2. If I do that, and redirect to 4 URLs instead of End Screens, would I still be able to use the same zapier workflow(s), or does it rely on the end screen for that data piece?

(And I’d love to add a +1 to the developers to be able to send a direct link to an ending screen :)

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ohhh, yes that is a bit annoying. If it helps, I have a private page on my website that I send folks to with the VideoAsks. I used to send all the links in an email, but I found that I got better analytics adding it to my website because I could track the bounce rate and data like that as well as add more information that sometimes gets to be too lengthy in an email.

Out of curiosity, what are the two Videoasks on the end screens for? 

To answer your questions, 

1. Yes, that’s possible! I tested it here, and it looks something like this in the Outcome Quiz logic settings: 
  1. I actually didn’t know if this was possible, so I tested it, and it looks like it works!

You’ll just have to submit a response that has that as the outcome in order for it to show in Zapier. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Awesome! I think that this is probably the best route for me - I just built 4 private pages and will host the answers there as a redirect instead. Now I just need to set up the zaps etc.

I am using video on all of my end screens because the quiz functions as lead generation and to segment my audience. The videoasks warm up the audience a bit for the higher ticket items, and allow them to ask questions directly before getting on a call. 

You can take it here if you want (that link won’t save any of your answers ;)

In case you don’t get the results that lead to Videoasks, I have built out the ending screens with the VideoAsks here and here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@SmallBiz Sidekick Oo wow I love the design of the form and the end screens you built on your website! (I didn’t fill out the form because I don’t want to use up one of your responses.) 
@James could be a cool one for workspace invaders!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks @Liz ! I appreciate it! The two other endings use video results, but not Videoask (they are for DIY and a template shop). Your solution works great! The only thing I couldn’t transfer was using the user’s name in the results - I’m sure there is a way but it wasn’t important enough for me to figure out 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SmallBiz Sidekick Ah! Glad to hear it!! The forms look great!

As for transferring the name into the results, do you mean on your website? Or in the VideoAsks?