Answered

Randomize typeform

• 7 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I have three typeforms and want to randomize which typeform the participant gets. I mean, when the participant click of the URL code it will be random whither the person answer typeform 1, 2 or 3. Is this possible?

Otherwise, is it possible to have three questions in one typeform and randomize which question the participant gets? That is, if they get question number 1 they will not get question 2 and 3. And if they get question number 2 they will not get question 1 and 3 etc. This randomizition should not depend on any other answers of other questions.

icon

Best answer by Liz 8 April 2021, 20:45

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MasterThesis thanks for reaching out! We don’t have a way offhand to randomize which typeform a respondent receives, but how are you sending the URLs to the respondent? For example, through an email in your ESP? Thanks in advance. :) 

Thank you @Liz for your answer :) I will send the URLs to teachers at my university through an emailbecause they will help me to upload the URLs on different course websites so that their students can answer the questionnaire.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MasterThesis ah, got it! If you’re using an email service provider, like Mailchimp, you could set an A/B test that would allow you to send multiple variations of an email to a group of folks. In this case, you would just switch out the URL, and the ESP would randomly send the different variations to your emails. 

If you’re sending this out manually in your own personal email, you could sort of do the same thing - create multiple variations of the same email - and then send it to different sections of your email list. The downside with this is that it would be all manual and a bit of a pain in the tush. 

Would either of those work at all?

Thanks @Liz for your help. Unfortunately this will not work for me, however I think I have solved it in a different way 🙂 Another question I have is if it is possible to lock the respondent's answer so he does not have the opportunity to go back and change his answer?

Thanks in advance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MasterThesis Glad to hear you were able to find a workaround! Once a respondent has submitted their response, they can’t edit the submission they already sent. Though, if you’re referencing their ability to move backwards in the form, we don’t currently have a way to prevent this. :weary:

Hello!

I am investigating the frontpage of a new website by getting some quick user feedback. I want to show half the group one edition (A), and the other group another edition (B). With B there will one additional follow up question.

Is it possible to “split” users and using the same link (thus not having to create two forms as it will be hard to controle that I get a 50/50 respons). 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @adapta. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

I moved your question here so you can check the whole thread for more context. =) Hope this helps!