Answered

Survey separated by sales territory

• 7 March 2022
  • 7 replies

When I send out my survey, I want to be sure that when I receive the responses, I can tell which territory they are coming from .  We have 14 or so sales territories and I want to know which territory the survey response came from.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 8 March 2022, 17:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

name every survey another name

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @GDH 

Is this something you ask in the form via a question?
Or you are looking for a way to automatically detect where a respondent might be based?

If this is the second case, we currently don’t have any information regarding the respondent’s location or IP.

I would recommend asking directly in the form.
Or use hidden fields lands on this form from a link that may have this information. (ex: you have a specific page per region)

Thanks for the response.   We are hoping to use Typeform for a customer service survey.  We would be only surveying our top 200 or so accounts and these are in about 12 or so sales territories.   Because some of the questions relate to our sales rep service, I would like to group them by territory.  I don’t need to know the specific location as long as I know which territory they came from.   I am assuming in order to do this I will need to send the survey to each territory individually, with a separate name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@GDH - if you have all the information in your CRM system, including territory information as part of the customer record, you should be able to add a parameter to the URL that you send to the user to complete the form. (call it “terrirory”?? )

as long as you have a hidden field created inside the typeform to accept the data being passed by the URL ie hidden field name = territory or whatever you called it in the URL string

then when the user clicks on link in the email you send, you can have he URL string send the email address and the territory etc. to the typeform. 

that way you can collect the territory info into the form submission.. 

just a thought

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough ‘s solution is probably the best, so you only have to maintain one form, and you can expand to new territories easily.

Passing the territory as a query parameter (what we call hidden fields at Typeform) will generate different links like:

https://form.typeform/to/abc123?territory=EMEA
https://form.typeform/to/abc123?territory=APAC

And then in the typeform you can add logic depending on the value of the territory hidden field to display questions that are specific to each region.

Thanks guys.   As a complete newbie (and not a tec guy) I am just looking at typeform for the first time.   I am sure what you are suggesting will work as long as I can figure it out :)     We do have all of the information in our ERP system for sure but I suspect for example that as long as I know that “this group 1 of customer email addresses in territory 1 belongs to this group 1 of surveys”, I can get the feedback results separated by territory.    Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@GDH Were you able to figure it out? Let us know how it went on the form!