team typeform

• 9 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Sharing wisdom
  • 25 replies

We need the functionality to send the typeform to groups and that only the DNI that are previously loaded by the administrator can access to answer them.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @olas Happy Friday! Thanks for reaching out. Do you mind explaining more about what you mean by sending the forms to groups? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Liz.

When we create a study within a company or for an educational entity, we don't want anyone with the link to respond. We only want our community of interest to be able to respond, no one from outside. In the case of a company, we can create a performance evaluation or an organizational climate evaluation. In these cases it is convenient that only internal employees can continue with the form. For this, a validation with DNI is required that human resources has previously loaded. Only those who have previously loaded the DNI can respond.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Imagine that I want to deliver content or a subscription only to my special clients. In this case, I upload the identity of those special clients and only those whose ID I have previously uploaded can access the content/form that I have defined from the beginning.

For work purposes, when I want to restrict that only my active employees have access to a published typeform.

This doesn't come from me, it comes from some clients telling me that Typeform is not safe for studios within their companies because anyone with the link can reply.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Finally:

Typeform has always been focused on "anyone with the link can reply" scenarios.
It is necessary to focus now when I want only a specific population, the population that is the object of my study, to be able to respond.
In addition, with this identification the number of times a person can respond to a form is controlled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@olas - I know that this is not the ‘native functionality’ you are demanding up front within the tool but I have done something similar to this for several clients to limit the access to the native forms at Typeform: 

• create a variable called v_email_match and set the default to no
  • create a variable called v_idnum_match and set the default to no
  • set up two logic rules to act on the hidden fields when the form is accessed: 
    • if email = email1_string or email = email2_string etc then replace v_email_match with yes
    • if idnum = id1 or idnum = id2 etc then replace v)idnum_match with yes
  • a third logic rule to allow or toss out the user: 
    • if v_email_match is yes and v_idnum_natch is yes then let the user in otherwise toss them to an ending and say bye bye

Yes it means you have to do the set up in the logic rules in the form to allow this to happen and that can be a pain in the proverbial butt. (one client had 1200 people….). However, you can create this one time as a template typeform and then duplicate it carry the base logic for the next usage. you could add questions you want to include in this next typeform. 

that doesn’t stop anyone from taking it more than once. 

if you want to restrict a typeform to only your subscribers you are better suited to create a micro site that requires the user to log in and to access an embedded typeform. In this fashion you are controlling the access to a) the form and b) you have the ability to set and manage the security privileges as you see fit - using cookie access, etc. 

Typeform is only one part of an overall business process ecosystem. It won’t do everything for everyone. 

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

If you have done it for 1200 people, it means that I am right.
The best way to market an application is that most people can do things easily, without knowing how to code, like most people who use typeform

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@olas - again.. typeform is only one part of the ecosystem you need to use in your business processes. 

figure out your use case flow and use the appropriate tools that exist in the marketplace to make it work. 

don’t need to know coding to set up the example i used here. it’s just common sense and repetitive input into to the logic rules. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks John, Please red this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@olas - it seems you are putting the onus on Typeform to handle all the necessary components under one place.. when the technologies to do exactly what you describe exist in several other tools that can be incorporated into an end to end data flow. 

Why not choose to develop the ‘necessary app’ or functionality yourself, or through getting investors to support, so that you could offer that as an add on to the business process to do exactly what  you want. that way everyone wins - you get the technology you want, typeform gets to focus on what it has chosen to do and other tools that could be in the mix would also benefit from the same capability? 

just my thoughts, as we live in a world - now - of single purpose, single function apps ….