Answered

Tracking who sent a survey

• 16 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I have a sales team sending out surveys through Typeform as a method of qualifying clients.

I’ve built an automation which imports responses into our CRM, however, the sales team would like a way to identify which team member sent the survey to which respondent, so that they are able to follow up more easily.

Is there a way to do this?

Ideally, I’d like it so that if Jonnie sends out 6 surveys, and Jane sends out 12, there is a way to automatically delineate which responses correspond to which team member.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 February 2024, 17:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nickjmason While we don’t have a way to automatically do this, you could add a hidden field to your form to track who sent the form. For example, your URL could look like this: 

yourtypeform.typeform.com/to/sdsdfd?agentname=enteragentnamehere

Then, you would enter the agent name and send them that specific URL to send out via email. 

That’s great! I’ll give that a try. Thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let me know how it goes, @nickjmason !

Hey Liz,

It worked really well! 

I generated unique links with the sales people’s names embedded in hidden fields, and told them only to use their own links. Then in testing, it worked perfectly and assigned the right sales person to the right lead in the CRM based on the data pulled from the unique link.

Thank you so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@nickjmason 

Glad to hear that worked!! Let us know if we can help with any other questions. 😀