Answered

Why does the movies appear different in Safari and Firefox vs Chrome

• 9 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Hei!

When i use ?fullscreen and ?justvideo i the code to the movies, they dosent appear the same in every browser.

In Chrome its the way it should be, but in Safari and Firefox its not the same.

..Erik 

icon

Best answer by Liz 11 April 2022, 16:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Erik Hunnes Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend! You’ll want to be sure that the width of the embed is 1,023 pixels or less in addition to the other parameters. Otherwise, it may cause the two-column view you’re seeing in your first screenshot. 

Let us know if that doesn’t help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Erik Hunnes hope you’re having a good week! Just checking to see if you were able to try @Liz ‘s suggestion here and if it worked for you? 

Let us know how you got on, or if there’s anything else we can help with 😊

The appearance of movies can vary slightly between different web browsers like Safari, Firefox, and Chrome due to differences in how these browsers handle various aspects of web content, including video playback. Here are a few factors that can contribute to these differences:

Video Codecs: Different browsers support different video codecs, which are algorithms used to compress and decompress video data. Some browsers may have better support for certain codecs than others, resulting in variations in how videos are displayed.

Rendering Engines: Each browser uses its own rendering engine to process and display web content. These engines may have slightly different implementations and interpretations of web standards, which can lead to variations in how movies are rendered.

Color Profiles: Browsers may use different color profiles to display content, which can affect the color accuracy and overall appearance of movies. Variations in color profiles can result in differences in brightness, contrast, or color saturation.

Hardware Acceleration: Browsers may utilize hardware acceleration, which offloads some processing tasks to the computer's graphics card for improved performance. The efficiency and compatibility of hardware acceleration can vary between browsers, impacting the playback quality and smoothness of movies.

CSS Rendering: Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) control the visual layout and formatting of web content. Browsers may interpret CSS rules differently, leading to variations in how movies are styled and positioned on the screen.

It's important to note that these differences are typically subtle and may not be noticeable in most cases. Web developers strive to ensure compatibility across different browsers, but occasionally, minor variations may occur.

Thanks @ryanford for raising this issue.

Because i have also facing the same kind of issue on my client’s site...

Not at all!

i have visit this site and i see that kind of issue. Please follow these steps and go it with…..

Thanks! @rubytaylor 

@ryanford Thanks for sharing this post...